• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

(JOKE) Building!

Chadwiick

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 21, 2010
Tampa, Florida
Hey guys, I thought of an awersome idea.
"Tired of taking cover behind some stupid building and getting shot anyways? Well we have an answer for you! Now with the release of RO:HoS you now have the ability to dig a fox hole *shows a clip of someone digging a foxhole and sitting inside not dying because his cover is awesome*"
"Tired of the same old - same old go out and die in a game? Well look no further in RO:HoS you now have the ability to build military buildings to improve your battlefield gaming experience! Go from building a simple outpost to building an entire supply depot!"
Can you think of anythig that'll make RO:HoS more fun and unique?!

NOTE: please be aware that this thread is nothing but a joke and intended for some laughs and other "suggestions to make this 'interesting'. But for those who actualy want to talk about it go ahead, I am open for discussion, please no responses of "that's a F***ing stupid idea, wow you're dumb" and anything else that ends up negative or trolling about this thread, thank you.

Even more awesome: When you dig, you get minerals to build tanks, and you can also find unique objects buried in the ground, like STG44
faceg.gif

Reactions: LemoN
Upvote 0
you can also find unique objects buried in the ground, like STG44
faceg.gif

Reminded me of the scene in Come and See where the kid is pulling an SVT-40 out of the dirt and the other kid thinks he soiled himself.

Building defense structures ain't an impossible idea..you can do that in Project Reality, a mod for BF2 too.

The structures you can build in PR are above the ground.

Upvote 0
Actually, now that I think of it, since there is a campaign mode in the game, there could be some aspects of Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943 implemented in the game...

In AP, you could choose to allow your troops to dig in (Staying put for at least a turn, I think), and so long as they don't move, when you get into a battle, those troops that were dug in in the campaign map have the ability to construct trenches/foxholes/etc for defense, while troops that aren't cannot construct trenches in the deployment phase.

You could possibly do this in RO, with players deciding to bulk up defenses in areas behind the front, and the map would be slightly altered with defenses to favor the defender further when the area is being played on.

This probably wouldn't even be feasible now that I think harder on it, but I already typed the thought, so oh well...

Upvote 0
Chadwiick fighting in RO since Ost now playing WWI in the RO2:HoS arena....

*Russian shouting* Hey you dirty germans come out....
*German reply* Uhm, nah you guys have more people we don't....
*Russian reply* Looks like we will just stay in our trenches then!
*Russian whispers* Ok lets go home then if nobody is going to do anything
*German reply* Wait don't we have artillery?
*Both Sides rush towards their artillery and try to figure out how to operate it* Wait... where are our guys?!
*Artillery guys* Ah, atleast we won't have to worry about another boring stalemate of WWI.
*both artillery sides raise their glasses in africa*

Last edited:
Reactions: 213
Upvote 0