• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
Guns Guns Guns, every medic suggestion weapon i have seen relies on an expendable substance (bullets of course). and my idea not only promotes medics enjoying a fight, but also letting them heal. its a big-*** needle as the title implies and what it does is recharge when you stab some ugly thing with it and converts all that nasty icky stuff in them into that magical wonder-sauce found in the regular med-syringe containers. because of its size its too unwieldy to use on yourself so this prevents it from being a kiting weapon. As a bonus, many people are kinda creeped out by getting a shot as it is so i think it will fit in pretty well if designed properly. I'm not too good with weapons stats so i will let you guys level it out.
i hope nobody already did something like this, but i haven't found anything like it

Reactions: Aze
This spawns a whole new set of ideas for the medic... Interesting... I really think this should get some brainstorming around it! :)

Here's some ideas:

As the OP said:
Stab an enemy = Deal (alot of) damage and gives charges to the "syringe"
Stab a friend = Heal a friend with a powerful rapid heal

Higher level medic gets more damage and healing for the stabs. It could have a "1 charge limit" where you have to continuously swap between stabbing friend and enemy (which could be a great balancing option) if you want continous use of it.

Or it could store a direct number (like, store 100 healing power in it, increased in cap by medic level) which allows you to stab enemies multiple times if you want to, and then heal maybe a friend or 2 very quickly.

This idea is highly interesting imo. Good thinking Rene :D

Upvote 0
Yeah Aze, thats pretty much what i was aiming for. Perhaps you get a different amount of charge depending on what it is you stab at, like fleshpounds get you more than a clot, but this may be a little more than what's necessary. This thing could even have its own little reason for existence, Horzine was looking for a way to allow a more rapid way of healing, but of course it required an equal amount of mass to what needed to be fixed.

Upvote 0
This actually sounds pretty damn fun. Extract ZED's health > pass it onto someone else.

Also, a med syringe with ammo could work well.

Say, you buy a big bundle of syringes and *bam* one of them restores someone to full health instantly. You then discard the one syringe and prepare another. It's like going from Knife to Katana, except we're dealing with medicing and an "ammo counter."

Upvote 0