• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

An other pseudo, alternative to special characters

Foxyfired

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 2, 2009
KF-Bedlam
I know there is a problem with special character support and a lot of thread tell us about it.
If we cant change the special character support, TWI can implant the possibility to have a pseudo for Killing Floor.

For example: I have a steam's name which is

Last edited:
Same prob here. This is my Steam name:[2Bad] Me やおい
In KF: [2Bad] Me ~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to keep my やおい playing the game :C

Thats why I say "an alternative" ^^
I really want to keep my name in the game but if you cant. Then that is the better idea.

Teddybear blew up.
Salomo: come on i heal you
ProSniper was eaten by a fleshpound
Salomo: COME ON I HEAL YOU
Salomo: Mysterius man i'm trying to heal you
???

Upvote 0
Thats why I say "an alternative" ^^
I really want to keep my name in the game but if you cant. Then that is the better idea.

Teddybear blew up.
Salomo: come on i heal you
ProSniper was eaten by a fleshpound
Salomo: COME ON I HEAL YOU
Salomo: Mysterius man i'm trying to heal you
???

Upvote 0
I remember years ago, when i first got KF. It was a holdover from the previous steam games (CS:S zombie mod, L4D1) and i had a name with special characters.

Then i found out i can't have that, so i had to change to simple lettering; so i did.

But every once in a blue moon my friend who has special characters decides he's had enough of L4D and wants to play the glorious KF master race with me. And so his name is a string of incomprehensible letters and punctuation.

And i do believe about two years ago there was a thread for special character support. I'm not sure what the outcome was, but i'll tell you, you're not the first to be unsatisfied with just the letters you find on the QWERTY keyboard.

Upvote 0
What's wrong with traditional letters?
:(
I was gonna say this until the dude with the Chinese name. Still can't pronounce it but it's more excusable than the GeoCities kiddie illumination.

Meanwhile from what I hear on voicechat people already seem to struggle enough with a simple, common, mundane name like Vaecrius...

Upvote 0
People want to be "cool." :rolleyes:

I don't use special characters myself, but I support the idea of it. People's SN's reflect their individuality, who are we to limit them to simple alphanumerics? I'm always for anything that increases or expresses a person's individuality online.

For some players it's a cool attitude but for others it's not necessary that. I think some of these special characters are expressive. There is some diversity by using it. And like Salad Snake said, it's an expression of their individuality.

And i do believe about two years ago there was a thread for special character support.

Yes, thats why I speak about an alternative. (It was on the suggestion thread when I wrote the title. Thanks TWI for that :D)
Maybe there is a limitation of the unreal engine then put a profil's name can be a solution about that.

Upvote 0