• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

There will be single player in Rising Storm ??

cucamonster

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 15, 2010
There will be single player in Rising Storm ??

I just buy THE PACIFIC in DVD here in Brazil, and i am impressed how it was good.

i am looking forward for RO HOS for a wile, but now i will really enjoy facing some japanese soldiers in Peleliu, Iwo Jima, Guadalcanal in normal MP.

BUT..... i live in Brazil and people around here just DONT play WW2 games anymore, there are only me and about 20 mates of my clan that still enjoy this kind of game.

I want to know f there will be bots to play in a coop mode or i will have to face 200 ping to join into the fight ?:(

i dont see how the japanese are hard to balance.

I mean there was no real issue in darkest hour with germans vs usa. and germans had pretty much the same idea , a bunch of rifleman witha supporting machine gun. from what i understand the japanese had pretty effective light machine guns , including machine guns that took rifle clips and loaded them directly into the machine gun.

Upvote 0
Yes, but that could be in reference to actual ingame features, not necessarialy SP persay. At least that's what I took from the context of the statement.

I think it sounds like RS is going to have single-player from the context but it's a bit hard to tell. The interviewer say that HoS will have a SP mode and asks if RS will be focusing more on multiplayer. Answer is that RS will have everything HoS has and some additional stuff that wont be in HoS cause it didn't happen in Stalingrad. It's the last part that make it sound like he might not be talking about game modes.

Upvote 0
i dont see how the japanese are hard to balance.

I mean there was no real issue in darkest hour with germans vs usa. and germans had pretty much the same idea , a bunch of rifleman witha supporting machine gun. from what i understand the japanese had pretty effective light machine guns , including machine guns that took rifle clips and loaded them directly into the machine gun.
Not quite true. Balance in DH is pretty broken and always was through the years I worked on it. Maps are always one-sided and map design is based around giving the German side enough of a terrain advantage to hold out for the time limit. During that time though, they get slaughtered. The K/D numbers are pretty nasty. It works to a degree, but only because the Germans have good machine-guns and a selection of SMGs and semi-automatic rifles. On maps where they were attacking, we usually gave them a tank or two as well.

The Japanese have no semi-automatic rifles, almost no SMGs (and the ones they had were poor) and while they did have plenty of LMGs, those were not well designed. Short of going the CoD route with creative weapon stats and unrealistic loadouts, we have to come up with ways to ensure that the Japanese can fight and hold (and even push back) rather than just trying to get to the time limit by building a wall of their own corpses to slow the enemy.

Not to mention that there are more game modes now than just Territory and they don't all rely on the Territory layout.

Reactions: jalex3
Upvote 0
Not quite true. Balance in DH is pretty broken and always was through the years I worked on it. Maps are always one-sided and map design is based around giving the German side enough of a terrain advantage to hold out for the time limit. During that time though, they get slaughtered. The K/D numbers are pretty nasty. It works to a degree, but only because the Germans have good machine-guns and a selection of SMGs and semi-automatic rifles. On maps where they were attacking, we usually gave them a tank or two as well.

The Japanese have no semi-automatic rifles, almost no SMGs (and the ones they had were poor) and while they did have plenty of LMGs, those were not well designed. Short of going the CoD route with creative weapon stats and unrealistic loadouts, we have to come up with ways to ensure that the Japanese can fight and hold (and even push back) rather than just trying to get to the time limit by building a wall of their own corpses to slow the enemy.

Not to mention that there are more game modes now than just Territory and they don't all rely on the Territory layout.

You says all this and dont confirm if we are really going to have a SP in RS, thank you dude :p

Upvote 0
Short of going the CoD route with creative weapon stats and unrealistic loadouts, we have to come up with ways to ensure that the Japanese can fight and hold (and even push back) rather than just trying to get to the time limit by building a wall of their own corpses to slow the enemy.

I hope you can do this well. Looking forward to seeing how the different teams play.

Upvote 0
Not quite true. Balance in DH is pretty broken and always was through the years I worked on it. Maps are always one-sided and map design is based around giving the German side enough of a terrain advantage to hold out for the time limit. During that time though, they get slaughtered. The K/D numbers are pretty nasty.
Very incorrect. Sorry for going off topic but I have no clue of what you are talking about. Darkest Hour's little stats mutator reveals pretty much the exact opposite of what you are claiming:

73216782.jpg

Sample page from 12/20/2011:

71671126.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The difference between a bolt action rifle and a semi auto like the garand isn't all that big, I dare to say they are both equally effective at medium and especially to long ranges. The bolt forces you to shoot more accurate even though the rifles themselves are equally accurate. Of course when you sum up all the advantages of the Garand you will come to the conclusion that it is a better rifle, and I agree with that. But the difference is too small to totally give one side the edge.

You do have a big point when it comes to SMGs, they will totally shift the balance. They will totally dominate short to even medium ranges for the Americans. I'm interested to see RS' solution to this problem in creating fun gameplay but yet hold true to historical scenarios.

Upvote 0