• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

burst toggle for all autos

mikeloeven

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 5, 2010
most of the complaints i have seen about the mac 10 and the comando rifles is the fact that all automatic weapons have rock and roll ammo wasting mode. and semiautomatic carple tunnel mode.

all the weapons in this game that toggle between semi and auto need a 3 round burst mode. most of the weapons listed have these modes in real live and toggling through one extra mode would not drasticly effect the speed in which you change modes.

the burst is a compromise between acuracy and sheer rock and roll spray and pray. it is a much needed mode for any of the automatics and i gaurentee adding burst mode would stop the (omg increase clip size) (omg increase damage of commando guns) ( omg fix comando recoil) (omg rifles suck) posts of frustrated players who are forced to spray and pray or hurt their fingers with frantic clicking/

Last edited:
I just leave them on auto and fire short bursts. I have always done that in shooters. I can fire in short bursts as I play, and go full auto when I need to. If people spray off a whole mag, it is a trigger discipline problem. As a commando, the only time I have come close to running out of rifle ammo is when 2 teammates died on wave 10, and even then I still had full pistol ammo.

You don't need to spray and pray. I don't even do that with a bullpup on suicidal, I fire short bursts at the head, it is very effective.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's an old suggestion, but it needn't be implemented. It's kinda redundant, because the switch may irritate some (being stuck in burst when you wanted full, or the reverse) and as if semi and full weren't annoying enough for some already. It can't be too difficult to implement, but there's not much reason for doing so.

If you want controlled bursts, practise them yourself. :IS2:

Upvote 0
If you want controlled bursts, practice them yourself. :IS2:
This. Even in full auto you control the firing down to a single shot. I have always hated burst fire because it compromises both control of how much you are firing and accuracy of each shot.

With Killing Floor you are fighting specimen that go down easily so there are very few instances where exactly 3 - 5 shots are needed before readjusting your aim. Either you are metering your shots to conserve ammo or you are spraying into a hoard.

Upvote 0
But for example look at the Hunting Rifle. It already has something like that :rolleyes:
Yeah... not quite. You don't fire more than one shot at a time with the HS alt-fire. The difference between the two schemes is minimal; toggle works well, but sometimes is finicky in the middle of a firefight, while single/alt-auto method requires both firing buttons to be easily accessible and usable at all times. Since there is so little difference, why bother changing it.

Upvote 0
BenioX said:
I don't think AA12 counts.

Cuz this difference matters when it comes to ammo counting and precisive shots. You'd mind my words if a commando won't be able to save ur *** just cuz of that ;)
Why wouldn't it? It has a toggle, after all.

I already mentioned that the difference matters little, and I did mean in every case, including ammo counting and precise shots. I play commando and support all the time and have no problem metering my shots out. The only time it would ever be an issue is that you cannot alt-fire while firing or reloading. While it makes sense that you cannot alt-fire a HS while reloading, it makes less sense with a weapon with a toggle or flashlight. On the other hand, to change it would take time from TWI and introduces problems of its own, particularly initially.

Upvote 0