• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation my first actual model:gun

Falidell

Grizzled Veteran
May 22, 2009
Mesa,Az,USA
i've been learning how to render properly and with my new found skills i too can make supa sexy shots :p
i kinda like the blue tinted render setting better. also i might add a bit to the clip. and the cocking chamber needs to be bigger(wider) me thinks. hmmm i think i'll making the barrel longer a bit while i'm at it

i've rendered both the adjustable stock variant and the regular stock variant

Note the Adjustable stock is still wip, it's just a piece i thew together in like 5 minutes to see if it looks good :)
mp5-aj.jpg

mp5-ss.jpg

Last edited:
well i'm going to try and uv map this beast. but there is no way i'm doing it in blender. i'm sorry but blender so terrible at uv mapping. no: relax, flatten, normalizing, fliping, or anything like that.

so i'm going to have to export it into a .obj file import into softimage do the uv mapping export again into .obj inport back into blender and export the uv image for painting. oh boy i just know i'm gona love this lol

Reactions: nath2009uk
Upvote 0
not all of it is poly's most of it is still in quads. i find it easier to uv map with less junk to tweak. i'd say half of the faces are triangles and half are quads.

also is that a goodthing or bad?

edit: after making everything tri's it comes down to 1513 faces
and these numbers are for the ajustable stock not the fixed stock varient

Last edited:
Upvote 0