• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Boxed version on steam?

yeah. it's kinda weird. The reason i do this is, that I already have a quite large collection of games from non-steam-times filling my shelves.

If someone browses my collection, he'll see what kinda games I like. but if I buy certain games on steam only, people who see my collection get a false image of what I play because, for example, the ball, isn't included.

the only thing I could do is to get everything on steam.

the problem is, that not all games are available on steam so i'll still need that old collection.

Upvote 0
Box releases are 1.5-2 times cheaper than steam digital versions in some countries.

Yep buying a game at a store is often 25% to 50% cheaper than buying it from steam when they just come out weirdly enough.

Steam often sells above the MSRP of the boxed copy, whereas quite some stores actually try to cut a bit below the MSRP. Resulting in that you pay more for the steam version than for a retail version that actually includes more.

At least the original idea that due to digital distribution the cost of games could go down seems to be as far away from the truth as possible. If anything with digital distribution the prices have gone up compared to retail.

Last edited:
Upvote 0