• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New vehicles after release

Apos

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 3, 2007
Europe
www.enclave.pl
TWI announced T-34/76 and Panzer IV for final release and 2 new tanks and 2 troop transports which will be added in one of the updates after release.

For future Heroes Of Stalingrad updates it would be great to see one of those:

• KV-1 Tank
Here are pictures of destroyed KV-1, which were taken in August 1942, near Stalingrad

2bek3q.jpg

15yybtl.jpg

• Stug III Assault Gun
Those pictures were taken in Stalingrad, September 1942, representing model Ausf. E

16a77yc.jpg

2lm8ht4.jpg

Model Ausf. F armed in 7.5cm Stuk 40L/43 also from Stalingrad battle

2epr18x.jpg

• Sd.Kfz. 251 Half-Track
Overview picture

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-801-0664-37%2C_Berlin%2C_Unter_den_Linden%2C_Sch%C3%BCtzenpanzer.jpg

• BA-64 Armoured Car
Overview

BA64_26.jpg

It's well known clowncar from RO:O :)

• ZiS-5/ZiS-6 Truck
Overview

zis6ph1.jpg

All of those were used and produced in huge numbers during WWII.

Last edited:
Dude, every vehicle ever made was already suggested at least 34 times. ;)

Yup, the question is which one are most proper for Stalingrad battle and which You pick up. However this discussion might be bit pointless if You already picked what will come next :). Since you already done research of T34 and Panzer IV you could meanwhile check other tanks and collect needed data.

As long as we don't know what will be next, we can discuss and guess about updates and development of HoS.

Upvote 0
It would be interesting to see KV1 and StuG F2 (with 80mm armor), both tanks have sufficent front armor protection so that on a range of 1000m they could just be popping each other and reflect all the shells as russian 76.2mm gun should have trouble with penetrating front of StuG on more than at least 500m I don't know how much exactly. That fight could be won only by damaging either optic, turret traverse or whatsoever :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Personally I would like to see either assault guns

like an SU76 and a Stug

Or heavy tanks so the Tiger could be in for blackday july alike maps and to please the tiger fanboy group.

-----

For infantry based vehicles I dunno. I hope the germans get the sdkfz regular halftrack. But for the soviets its more of an issue, they generally didn't have panzered transports.

The ba64 cannot hold more than 2 persons and a UC was a tad bit rare, for soviet transport i would rather see the ability of tankriding.

Sure maps will have forward spawns and all but I hope that mappers can still make maps that depend a bit more on infantry transports.

Upvote 0
The ba64 cannot hold more than 2 persons and a UC was a tad bit rare, for soviet transport i would rather see the ability of tankriding.

I read somewhere about BA-64E or BA-64 desatnyj, turretless prototype troop transport which could carry 6 soldiers. Soviets produced few of them only.

BA64_13.jpg

BA64_24.jpg

BA64E.jpg

I also like SU-76 and it would look epic with all animated and modeled crew on it, but it's a lot of work for devs :p

Upvote 0