• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Whats up with upnp these days

The Duke

Sep 14, 2009
Evening all,

Is it just me or is KF's upnp up the spout? It seems that since the last couple of updates myself and a few mates can no longer just hit the listen button and host a game. I've tried two different routers now (four if you include the routers owned by two of my friends) and it doesn't work with either, it was only when I used the DMZ and then sorted portforwarding that it actually worked.

Am I missing a trick somewhere?

I have the KF ports set to open on my router but to host I have to go in and use the DMZ and turn off UPnP to host a listen. When I do that I then have issues with my PS3 and 360 being able to connect with my computer for file sharing (i watch a lot of videos that way) so I have to go back in and reset everything.

I honestly think, however, it is NOT Tripwires fault. I believe it is a Steam issue. I bought Borderlands with a few friends on steam shortly after it came out and none of use could ever host it using steam. We had to use another program to get it to work for multiplayer. Steam seems to do some wierd things for their games.

Upvote 0
Strange. I have upnp disabled in my router because it's not very secure and my server works fine using port forwarding.

Also, I did not open any additional ports and I can host Borderlands games just fine.

I don't even think UPNP works for the Homehub.
I couldn't host any Borderlands games without port forwarding, even though they patched the game so you didn't have to.

Upvote 0