• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-Depot(name Might Change)

Falidell

Grizzled Veteran
May 22, 2009
Mesa,Az,USA
BETA 4
*WHITELISTED*

Download link:
links: filefront or mediafire
post here on the forums if i should change anything or fix anything.... feedback please =D

Completion time: I honestly don't know lol/ N/A
version: beta 4
Code:
changes from beta 3
-fixed a few bugs glitches and exploits
-added custom meshes that i made
 with my new found modeling skills
-removed fog blend delay(doesn't blend thus looks gay)
-added noobjuice health cans(15 hp is i remember.. maybe 5)
-changed ammo pickup overlay
-countless tiny tweaks and changes.. doesn't concern you :P
-meh

I've been re-inspired to finish up this level i started way way back just after i disappeared in the middle of making Defence. but anyways i was going for a more modern looking biotic labs theme on this one, you know the greenish/blue hallways, blockades, defendable rooms, etc. I've added a lot of details and such to this level. but for y'alls who don't have very good computers. I've done a lot of optimizing too: lots of zoning and I've made detail stuff not show up if you have world detail in your graphics options set to low or medium. for example all those papers and boxes on the ground will be gone if you set your world detail to low. SCREENIES!!!!
screenset1_depot.jpg

screenset2_depot.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: nath2009uk
Test it out :) it's pretty fun even with the small area made so far. i'll be adding more areas including the basement region and such.
also the doors are temp ones.. i don't like the way they look but i wanted to test out door positions and i needed doors for the traders =D..

so yea look forward to more stuff in the near future for this level.

Upvote 0
Thankyou :) i plan on adding some steam/smoke emitters that come from the ceiling holes where crawlers/stalkers and sometimes normals spawn... i think it'll make the level more alive instead of being..static(if you will). i'll set them to SuperHighDetail so that way they don't spawn if the client has their world detail set to medium or low.

and i'm thinking of adding some fun easter eggs.. if i can figure out how to work these darn unreal triggers...... i'm used to hammer. cut and dry simplicity..

edit: I've added a test emitter and wow what a difference it makes on aesthetics... tho it's so odd.. it'll run nice and smooth and look good for a minute or 2 then it'll start spitting out the sprites in groups or spit out a single one that goes far faster then my max velocity setting. so odd.... then again this is my first time using emitters... i'll figure it out... i hope.

Edit2: lol also i forgot to add music... didn't even notice sense i always have music in the background going on and the game music off.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thankyou :)

what do you mean by cut out more lights?
you mean light fixtures that show where the light come from?
-i'm in the process of this actually :)

do you mean more variety of light colors?
-umm i dunno about this.. i don't want it to be an obsurd amount of colors.
tho i could add some more yellow or orange in some places. the blue-yellow
color scale looks really good.

do you mean make some areas brighter?
-debating this.......

Upvote 0

-debating this.......
I think its fine lol

on the more color issues, maybe some red behind glass or some fire to make the yellow and orange /black stand out more should be decent

oh maybe more White lights too just to give it a viriaty of colors, but not too many it looks like a damn rainbow

Last edited:
Upvote 0

-debating this.......

NVM, just the way Unreal lights meshes up.

Upvote 0
i actually get told all the time that it looks repetitive.. i usually respond like this... "oh course it does, technically it was in alpha stages which most people don't release, alpha stages are getting the layout down and concept down so 99% of the time alpha stage looks like ****, it's not until beta stages that i'll be making it look good and not so repetitive looking."

now it's in the beta stages so consider this to be the first release. I've been working on it a lot lately making landmark areas and such. and giving reason for some areas to even be there. stuff like that. i was just excited to see how good it looked for alpha stages that i wanted to show it off :) perhaps next time tho i'll just stick to screenshots instead of showing it off with screens and a download.

Upvote 0