• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server ROID vs Linux ID

[fll.fi] Tuomainen

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
Finland
discord.gg
Hey,

I'm in process of getting a support for RO/DH for one Finnish provider but it runs in Linux so one thing troubles me: I know ROID and Linux ID (or whatever it is called) are different numbers and at least comparing my numbers I couldn't see anything common in those. I have huge list of server bans currently in ROIDs. If I move to Linux server and add the ban list (with ROIDs) from current to Linux server's config file, will it take effect? Or is my new Linux server disposed to all the bad boys I've banned in the past and I'd have to reban their Linux IDs all over again?

RO only used to show the userID's (the same number as the linuxID) and never show the steamID's (same number as the windowsID).

The TWL ladder (which had a RO ladder at the time) then requested for RO to use the steamID's instead of the userID's for compatibility with their Account system for steam games. So TWI changed it, but it looks like they forgot to change it for linux servers.

If you go to C:\Steam\userdata you will notice that the folders there actually have the userID's or commonly called LinuxID's. Where as within the steam community steam uses the steamID's.

Why steam got both steamID's and userID's which are differentiated by a set amount I don't know. But this is the history how I know it. So for the origin of that story you will need to look at Valve's steam rather than at TWI.

Last edited:
Upvote 0