• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weird noises coming from pc

Xeonzs

Apr 12, 2010
The Netherlands
Hey guys,

I recently gifted Killing Floor to a friend, but when she tried to to play it, her PC started to make weird noises, I asked her for some more detailed info but she is gonna try to reinstall it first.

Does anything come to mind for you guys that could be the problem, she runs left 4 dead fine, and since my laptop runs KF better then L4D I figured it couldn't be her specs.

But if she is already having these problems from a fresh install on first start up.

Anything guys? :( :confused:

Thanks in advance.

It might be a problem with the area on her hard drive where KF was installed. Defragging might help this but it could also make it worse if the drive is starting to fail.

This most likely.
It could be anything, she should take the side of her case off (may void warrenty) and try and find out where the noise is coming from.
It may even be a wire getting caught in a fan while the fan speeds up :p

Upvote 0
Okay so a little update.

The beeping stopped after she tried to reinstall it.

She cleaned it last month, also defrag.

Now she gets a startup error since she tried to reinstall it.

she gave me a screenshot and I linked it with this post.

Her operating system is windows7 64 bit.

And I asked her for teh specs but she is being lazy, got back from work and just wants to l4d and go to sleep and then she will check tomorrow.

Sorry for the late update btw.

Attachments

• sluttypicture.png
    sluttypicture.png
    50.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0