• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beserker Armor

Swordeater

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 30, 2010
I think that there should be an update with a new armor for beserkers so that they are more playable later in the game. It can either be only for beserkers or they can make it for everybody but it should be really expensive for everybody but beserkers can get a discount. Make it able to take more damage than normal armor and have spikes on it so when you are attacked maybe it can do some damage back. Let me know what you think and if you have anymore ideas for it that would be helpful.

That sounds slightly interesting :confused:

It doesn't really sound like something that's actually balanced but it would be interesting to spend a little money to improve the max "health" of your current armor by say, 50 points. And it could damage clots, stalkers and crawlers! :D I wouldn't say it'd be able to deal damage to Gorefasts, scrakes, Fleshies, Husks and sirens, and I can't think how much damage it would actually do to any of the ZEDs. :confused:

I'm very doubtful that it will be implemented officially, maybe someone will make a mutator for it but it sounds like something just theoretical.

But still, I like, have a cookie! :D

cookie-monster-diet.jpg

Upvote 0
Doesn't sound like it'll be much use tbh.

A Zerkers main threats are Sirens, Husks and Fleshpounds. The first 2 are ranged and the latter has so much hp a 'thorns' style retaliation seems pointless. Course it would have its moments against say, Crawlers, but they rarely get more than 1 hit in before you kill them anyway. And comparable to Medic armour the bonus would still seem insignificant and it'd soon be gone completely. I'd rather see an increase in the damage resistance.

Upvote 0
Berserker is useful in a team, but pathetic on it's own, at least compared to SS, support or commando. Specially on higher levels, where other perks quickly gain access to insane firepower and the berserker is stuck with the same old katana, or if he's a masochist, his chainsaw.

I agree though the current damage reduction is no comparison to the insane medic armor bonus. However special armor for the zerker is kinda pointless since he's constantly taking damage and it would break quickly, whereas a decent damage reduction would help him throughout the wave since he can heal his hitpoints.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What about giving them armor that doesn't break then but increases your damage resistance and its only available to beserkers. I play on hard and the beserker is fun but when you get to the latter levels its harder for a beserker to keep up with the rest of the team.

Isn't that just normal damage resistance for the zerker perk?

Also, old thread is old. Looks like people do use the search function. :eek:

Upvote 0
Simply give pieces of armor that increase Berserker's resistance entirely. So he can buy greaves, kneepads, helmet, ceramic plate, and all increase damage resistance by +10%, permanently, don't take damage, but be cost-prohibitive (~$250 per piece of resistance gear). Applies resistance to both HP and armor.
I guess it gives him things to look forward to instead of getting a katana and armor in the second wave and being good for the whole game...

Upvote 0
I've regularly spent waves two through ten with nothing but armour, axe and LAR and I've never felt like I missed anything of value.

Most people like new toys though. Not everyone takes the minimalist approach. I'd approve of Beserker upgrades. Differentiates him even further from the other perks too (and give him something only he can use, making him more able then Zerdic at direct combat).

Upvote 0