• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics What's your play style?

Dr.Blac0

Jun 19, 2010
Alaska
I've been playing this game again for about 3 and a half weeks. I've found that I enjoy taking the fight to the zeds. I get a thrill rushing up to a Husk and blowing his flipping head off! I like the hand to hand combat with the clots, and nothing beats the old pump shotgun rush on the lot of them; to see their bodies turn to flesh chucks oh yeah! Of course I don't play like this all the time, even I know when their are to many to handle at once and when it's time to high tail it towards high ground. I've notice lots of people play their game so differently then I do, for the most part I often see people hiding in cuts as if afraid they can't run and gun. Or I find the team holed up in a area of the map that funnels the zeds in. Now this is just my opinion, where's the fun in that? I mean you're missing all the art the map offers, you take away the chance of sh^tting yourself because ten zed got behind you somehow. When that flesh pound appears, you already see it and are ready in your cubby hole. I don't know, it's me, that why I can never last a full map. I always die, but it's too funny to run around a tree or corner and be face to face with a siren ( she's ugly as hell(PUKE)) and scream "OH SH^T!" aloud.

I mean I do like the co op efforts when you can get a team that does work together. I mean I can sit in the cut with people that know how to watch their lanes. More often then not however, everybody starts looking and shooting the same direction just abandoning their post to join a party they have not been invited to (a call for help = invites) leaving wide open areas open for zeds to walk, run, or crawl through to butt rape the team. 100% of the time it's me to take it hard, all because some one was not watching their sector. So yeah I'll run with one person or solo, but 85% of the time I will not set myself up in the cut each map. On some maps, it's useless to even do so as they are open areas like KF-Farm or KF- Horzine mall. IDK, just my humble opinion, as when I play I always see the self appointed general telling the team where to hold up at and what to do without a care that maybe some people's play style is not that of 'sit and wait'....but rather 'run n gun'.

IDK, just my humble opinion, as when I play I always see the self appointed general telling the team where to hold up at and what to do without a care that maybe some people's play style is not that of 'sit and wait'....but rather 'run n gun'.
That's adorable but if you can't even survive one game, maybe you should reconsider your strategy instead of frowning over others who know what works best.
You should only run off solo if you're able to pull your own weight.
If not, you're just making it harder for the rest of the players.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My solo style is find a route to run around the map which maks most zeds is behind me which works really well on any difficulties. But this may not be working if I have to solo because all my teamates are dead. Because there will be zeds everywhere and if I choose a wrong corner to turn, I end up surrounded and killed. But if i make it out of the surrounding, offten there will be no big difficulties unless the map is wide open like farm and there are still a full health fp running around.

The lagerest number of zeds I soloed is 224...... on farm. The kiting style works fine but I run out of ammo (it was wave 4 and I only have an ak) I have to knife nearly all the clots, gorefast, bloats, stalkers. But after that time I kill myself everytime if I have to solo more than 150 zeds because I start to know that it is just a waste of time on such a "team".

If you ask a team play style, I cant tell you any because I follow the team to do whatever they want or need.

Upvote 0
I'm as aggressive as one can be without dying. The more time you can spend doing consistent damage rather than waiting around the better. The faster the specimens drop, the happier I am. It is much better to kill them while they are travelling to your last camping spot than to let them get to the final defensive point unopposed. Also, as far as I'm concerned, co-op is no more fun than single player if all you are doing is standing in one spot, which really requires no coordination. I stick with the camping team out of necessity, I don't like it either when someone tries to tell everyone what to do. There is no commander class in KF.

My Steam name is Maj. Liability in case anyone wants to try some more mobile gameplay on suicidal and see how far we get.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Camping is popular because it actually works. You have the best chance of getting everyone through a wave if you setup a base and have people covering every approach.

One could argue that ramboing is fun, but if it gets you killed then it's just not a very good strategy for survival. Particularly on sucidal where it's very difficult for the whole team to recover from one or two deaths.

Upvote 0
That's adorable but if you can't even survive one game, maybe you should reconsider your strategy instead of frowning over others who know what works best.
You should only run off solo if you're able to pull your own weight.
If not, you're just making it harder for the rest of the players.

I see you're a one of the self appoints out there......

No need to flame or troll me, as I was just asking a question to figure out what people styles where. As far as frowning, sorry if you took my writing as such, prehaps if I break it down for you in laymans terms: I like to play the game on the edge. I do not like to camp each and every round in the cut when the situation premits me not to do so. Nor do I like when people come on a server, start barking orders about staying in a spot via Steam VOIP (that sounds like they have a tin can and string for a mic) when half the team is doing something else. I've noticed that a good team (public) will come together and play well. People know what to do and set up. I pointed out my play style and asked what your was. Not flame and tell people how to play their game i.e :maybe you should reconsider your strategy instead of frowning over others who know what works best.
You should only run off solo if you're able to pull your own weight."

I enjoy playing the killing floor, and anyone that has played with me knows I will not leave anybody behind trying to playing solo(which is how I die 90% btw......helping others). I'd rather not just sit in one spot the entire round in other words.

But anyway back to the goblin, I don't take this game as serious as you, maybe you should lighten up and play BC2 or Mario Bros. The game is a blast when you do get teamwork, funny things happen, even when I die!! So what if I die first or second? You act like you have never died in the game or it's a NFL SuperBowl game. For the record, I'm all about team playing, but when you run a public server, not everyone plays in an "teamwork" manner which forces you to play semi solo. But whatever, that's your opinion and it's "adorable".

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was going to make a new post but I'll put my comment in here instead.

There is a difference between "ramboing" and "refusing to barricade." On hard, I'm going to play where I want to play. I'm not going to weld doors and crowd into a room. If the rest of the team wants to join me, they are welcome.

On suicide, the team generally has to stick together.

Upvote 0
hear hear! finally the funlovin criminals speak!

seriously, some of u sound like u have a hard day filing paperwork at the office only to come home, kill some zed n do more paperwork at home on killing zed... n THEN start a thread to post ur paperwork...

if i were so concerned with the 2.167 of HP a scrake had left after a pipebomb, 2 m32 nades and 12(not 11, not 13, TWELVE) rounds of AK, i'd have sooner joined tripwire in game development then silly ol plain end user fun.

but thats just me eh ;)

Upvote 0
I usually play Demo.

I shoot large groups or any single speciman that looks at me wrong. I tend to shoot dangerously close to the 20m limit for the Grenade Launchers. I also enjoy using grenade launchers point blank for headshots. Sometimes I make a pipebomb hat, but not regular Pipebomb spam cause that's just lame.

Maybe I'll have one clot chasing me but instead of killing it, I will run for my squad yelling "Help!".

Sometimes I will run off and weld myself in a room and post the lyrics to unfitting songs over text chat.

Sometimes I yell "NoOoOooooOooo..." when I'm running and ZED time pops up.

I always use the Fireaxe because it beats Katana.

Spawn as perk at start of every game to get what equipment I want then change perk before first wave starts.

I once hid in a corner and commanded my squad to protect me while I watched videos on the ingame browser, they actually did it.

smug.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: YFGHNG
Upvote 0
I dont really see player who can rambo in a 6-man game on suicidual wave 7-10. If he is sharpshooter and go rambo, normally they will be killed by a sneaky bloat. (bloat can nearly instan-kill non- zerker or madic without armour) Or some flshpounds remove their armour and make them focus on him and some gorefast will chop those rambos.

Yeah, most of the rambos work fine on wave 1-6 if they are not entirely noob. So they will say someting like "I kill most of the zeds, u guys all suck." But they usually die early on wave 7 and rage quit.

May be they really work very well on solo mode. But scrakes and fps are much much much stronger in 6-man game. And I still see some nerds think a fp still dies in one pipebomb and one xbow shot or they can drop the fp before they can harm them as they can do it on solo. But all of us know that never works.

Upvote 0
My play style:

Medic: Pro medic playing combined with sniper aiming with the Xbow. Take out threats to the team and heal the damage done. Don't attack FPs cos that's what gets teams killed.

Commando: Bullpup/AK47 bursts in full-auto with SCAR in full-auto for scrake killing.

Support: Shotgun/HS used appropriately, save for an AA12 then Shotgun/AA12. Welding when needed.

Sharpshooter: Single HC/Xbow. HC takes out the trash. Xbow takes out high health threats to the team quickly.

I always stick with the team because it's a co-op game, and that's how i play. I've got their backs, they've hopefully got mine.

Upvote 0
My play style:

Medic: Pro medic playing combined with sniper aiming with the Xbow. Take out threats to the team and heal the damage done. Don't attack FPs cos that's what gets teams killed.

Commando: Bullpup/AK47 bursts in full-auto with SCAR in full-auto for scrake killing.

Support: Shotgun/HS used appropriately, save for an AA12 then Shotgun/AA12. Welding when needed.

Sharpshooter: Single HC/Xbow. HC takes out the trash. Xbow takes out high health threats to the team quickly.

I always stick with the team because it's a co-op game, and that's how i play. I've got their backs, they've hopefully got mine.
My style

Medic: Basic on wave one to six, heal only, shoot when needed to.

Sharpshooter: Crossbow with duel eagle, snipe the flashpound on head, if it survive two shoot(i missed) i would spam desert eagle to survive.

Another is basicly same to you.

Upvote 0
My style

Medic: Basic on wave one to six, heal only, shoot when needed to.

Sharpshooter: Crossbow with duel eagle, snipe the flashpound on head, if it survive two shoot(i missed) i would spam desert eagle to survive.

Another is basicly same to you.

And to elaborate: My main playing style with medic is healing, sniping when needed.

Sharpshooter with single HC is because i am more accurate with it. i may or may not use the 9mm before the HC is out, but wave one it's the only weapon i use.

Upvote 0
Sharpshooter w dual deages and xbow. tend to stay close to my party, but very mobile. like to keep track on my surroundings. almost never put me in a situation where i reload only to find out too late there are zeds behind me.

single 9mm is my primary weapon. use it to decapitate cloth, gorefast, bloat, stalker, crawler. if i run out of ammo in any weapon it is the 9mm. great gun.

dual deagles for body shooting crawler (for some reason i have a problem to accuratly hit them in the head with my 9mm, cralwers are also a bit dangerous to many perks so i like to prio them) and sometimes i use deagels to take out sirens and husk if they somehow made it close. Also use deagles to panic stun gorefasts and scrakes to save a team mate.

xbow for siren, husk, scrake, fleshpound and patriarch. I try to prio heavy hitters at later waves and let other perks handle lesser thrash mobs around me (but that depend more on my team than anything else). I love teaming up with a competent commando or berserker.

(...think sharpshooter became a bit too ez mode / boring after the introduction of ebr and head zone hit points...)

Last edited:
Upvote 0