• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Accuracy when you are moving...

Kleist

Grizzled Veteran
May 3, 2009
Deutschland
I hope the accuracy when you are moving is clearly lower than in RO:Ost
It's to easy to firing your gun when you are running.

I mean it's good that you could firing without aiming, but the accuracy is definitely to high.
There are to much people in RO who play the Cowboy-style.

Maybe the animation of holding your weapon, when you are moving, must been another.
At the moment the animation is the same like in all other shooter-games.
You wearing the weapons at your hips and aim into the middle of your screen.
It would be better if you carrying the weapon a little bit more diagonal, so that it isn't so easy to aim when you are moving.
If you stop, and stand still you hold the weapon in the old, typical way again.

That would be more realistic, and would be another difference between RO:HoS and other 1st person shooter, than all games use the old (unrealistic) style.

Greets

You cannot fire while running in roost. When running you move your weapon close to your chest and cannot fire at all.

you can only fire while jogging (the default movement speed), the main issue of the skill with hipshooting of people is generally that there are methods to basically make the weapon fire at the center of the screen so you won't have issues with free aim. If the ability to recent the weapon is gone in rohos then the issue with hip shooting being too easily is pretty much gone.

If anything gets changed it should be that your weapon sways more while moving or whatever, as a weapon doesn't get more inaccurate when running or whatever it just gets harder to handle and aim. Due to the free aim the location of the gun is never fixed in the centre as with other games so if you make a turn it is pointed diagonal, forcing the weapon to be stuck at any angle will still allow people to master where to hit eventually.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hmm, yeah looks like it is a little bit more complicated...

But it would be better if it would be more difficult to hit when you are moving.

That's one point that i don't like very much since i play RO:Ost (2006)

edit: With "running" i mean the standard move speed, not the sprint application.

Last edited:
Upvote 0