• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mac Cannot seem to connect to servers

I'm having this exact problem too. When I click on a server, it just stays at the Connect screen and thats it. I always have to keep canceling out. I tried to solo part of the game and it works fine. Game runs perfectly online when I play on Windows 7 with bootcamp. Any solutions before I just re-download the game?

Upvote 0
Hi there,

I am also experiencing this issue - just hung at the 'Press F10 to cancel' Loading screen...

I tried for about 40 mins last night to play, out of that only 2 attempts were successful, when i did get onto a server i could play with no issues and everything was smooth... just getting onto one is the trouble,

I have a brand new core i5 mbp and I have 10mb internet (its quite quick) and no router issues (I did manage to get on and play twice)

one other issue i see is if I refresh the server list in the internet games tab and then try to refresh again, the list will go blank and I have to restart the game to get the list back up!

Other than that I am REALLY loving this game, it runs absolutely superb on my 24inch cinema display at 1920 with everything on high... really smooth.. I did try to post this in the steam forums but I registered there 3 days ago and still haven't been manually approved by admins yet.. which i think is a joke but hey at least now i'm a member on the Tripwire forums :)

Thanks for any help,

Regards,
John

Upvote 0
Hey Guys,

Problem solved! ...... Kinda.

Seems to be some issue with the cache, you can go through and delete all the files manually but the easier way for the time being is to open Steam and force quit it before it can log you in.

I'm thinking a patch that auto deletes these files at startup that stuff it up should do the trick.

I'm having about 90% success with the reliability of this trick.

Upvote 0