• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Unreal Engine 3 (3.5) optimization

gage

Mar 18, 2009
Hi. First, let me apologize for my not so perfect english.
Second, I am a huge fan of Red Orchestra and I am trying let people know about RO, here in Czech republic, so I wrote this article on czech game web Fake EVERest about original RO and upcoming RO2:HoS (many thanks to Ralfst3r and his Fact Thread).

I have just one doubt about UE3 (3.5). It is surely great graphic engine and the RO2:HoS screenshots looks great, but according my experience it is also tricky engine for different PC

I'm confident it will run very nicely even on mid-low range machines by today's standards.

Might not get all the bells and whistles on low settings, but it won't be a glaring lag-fest that can't be worked around. I could get UT3 running on high settings with a 7950GT, if that's any measure you can go by.

Upvote 0
Yeah for starters, I think AA3 has some pretty un-optimized maps. They have some lousy buggy animation and coding, and they must be running some custom netcode that fails miserably. It is funded by the US govt....what more need to be said.;)

" We can rebuild him . . . Better than he was before . . . Better, Stronger Faster . . . . But I don't want to spend alot of money . . . "

Upvote 0
Yeah for starters, I think AA3 has some pretty un-optimized maps. They have some lousy buggy animation and coding, and they must be running some custom netcode that fails miserably. It is funded by the US govt....what more need to be said.;)
They rushed it and fired all the devs, which isn't the case with HoS.

Upvote 0
Hi. First, let me apologize for my not so perfect english.
Second, I am a huge fan of Red Orchestra and I am trying let people know about RO, here in Czech republic, so I wrote this article on czech game web Fake EVERest about original RO and upcoming RO2:HoS (many thanks to Ralfst3r and his Fact Thread).

I have just one doubt about UE3 (3.5). It is surely great graphic engine and the RO2:HoS screenshots looks great, but according my experience it is also tricky engine for different PC

Upvote 0