• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Map

Sammers

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 2, 2009
Scotland
This is more of an incredibly retarded idea for a master mapper/modder who Happens to be very, very bored. i thought perhaps someone might make a map which consists of Each Stock map stitched together to make a very, very, very big map. Then someone should make a timed survival Gamemode mutator :D All in all, i think it could be Mega fun and revive kf forever. End of message

WHO'S ELSE WANTS THIS? :p

The trader issue could be fixed this way: you start in a map, while other maps are unavailable until you reach the 2nd wave, then you can chose which other map to go. Once you do that, you activate a trigger (maybe a switch that's near the entrance) that closes access to the other maps until you reach 3rd/4th wave. By doing so, you'll force the trader to open in the area you want it to be (the current one you're playing on). Of course you won't be able to go to only 1 area per wave, but you'll have choices, maybe even by splitting teams among the maps. Probably it is horribly boring to create such a concept, but I guess it is ultra-fun to play on.
I really like the idea.

Upvote 0
First problem is that on some maps it's night, on other it's sunset, KF-Crash has snow on it, while Wyre is somewhat autumn, etc.

Second problem is that there are 13 current stock maps. Just imagine the loading time, size of scratch file on hdd and how much GB of RAM you'd have to have for it to work.

Thirdly, imagine that some one little zed is stuck 11 maps away from you and you have to kill it before you can go to trader.

Shortly, that megamap idea is just impossible, BUT I'd be glad to see 2-map combos, for example:

-Offices + Biotics lab as an underground accessible through staircase
-West London + FilthsCross accessible through that disabled metro gate near the church
-Wyre + Manor (would require some color-gamma adjustments)

And so on...

Upvote 0
Shortly, that megamap idea is just impossible, BUT I'd be glad to see 2-map combos, for example:

-Offices + Biotics lab as an underground accessible through staircase
-West London + FilthsCross accessible through that disabled metro gate near the church
-Wyre + Manor (would require some color-gamma adjustments)

And so on...

Although the OP idea sounded cool, this one sounds WAY better. Makes a lot more sense, too. You picked some really good combinations.

Makes me think, though, that Icebreaker will probably never be connected...

Upvote 0
This is more of an incredibly retarded idea for a master mapper/modder who Happens to be very, very bored. i thought perhaps someone might make a map which consists of Each Stock map stitched together to make a very, very, very big map. Then someone should make a timed survival Gamemode mutator :D All in all, i think it could be Mega fun and revive kf forever. End of message

WHO'S ELSE WANTS THIS? :p

Thats what the KF 2.11 patch had...
Oh and I am remaking KF 1.0 SP campaign which is all the stock maps (Only 3 of them actually) merged together (well almost merged) in an uber scary non-wave based game. It starts off at westlondon, then offices, then sewers, then bioticslab, then this underground cave and labs. It basically exactly what you just said lol....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Makes me think, though, that Icebreaker will probably never be connected...

Well...

You jump off the boat in the water, swim 3000m and end up at the docks of Departed.

But seriously tho, nice idea altho the map would be gigantic if all stockmaps were connected. Like someone suggested, two or three maps would be fine. The biotics-offices combination would be perfect example.

Btw would it be possible to create a "changing map", similar to what Nani suggested? Anyone ever played the labyrinth board game lol? Basically the map would block off certain areas every now and then and open others, to force players to swich locations all the time. Well at least during trader time. I think that would be fun. Imagine if some of the doors in Biotics were locked occasionally and you werent able to get back to the popular U-room, campers would be doomed :p

Upvote 0
Btw would it be possible to create a "changing map", similar to what Nani suggested? Anyone ever played the labyrinth board game lol? Basically the map would block off certain areas every now and then and open others, to force players to swich locations all the time.

This is good idea, but instead of blocking off, why not have it like a 4 or 5 section map, then it only loads 1/5 of the map and that would be what you would play. Kind of like what your saying but using the same area, just a diff map layout. So one game we could be in West Manor, then the next we could be in East or North.

Upvote 0
This is good idea, but instead of blocking off, why not have it like a 4 or 5 section map, then it only loads 1/5 of the map and that would be what you would play. Kind of like what your saying but using the same area, just a diff map layout. So one game we could be in West Manor, then the next we could be in East or North.

Im not sure wether I understood that correctly... Are you saying it would load one part of the map and you play there all 10 waves? Then next time you load the map it might load up a different area?

If so, nice idea but isnt that like - well - playing just different maps xD?

Perhaps there should be no trader, just ammo and weapons everywhere to keep players moving?
Fixes both the high trader distance and camping issues and throws the emphasis on surviving the set time.

So there would be randoms spawns of Scars and other high tier weapons? That might actually make the game easier than it is atm..

Besides, there is the no trader mutator, with the difference that it wouldnt spawn high tier weapons.

Upvote 0