• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Alan Wake for PC has officially been canned...

Reddog

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 7, 2005
Australia
http://www.destructoid.com/alan-wake-canceled-for-pc-not-the-right-platform-163449.phtml

Suprised this hasn't been mentioned here already, but Microsoft has said PC development for this title has officially ceased. Kind of amazing considering the project started as a PC exclusive back in 2005 with supposedly bleeding edge graphics. Since then it's gone down a long road of consolization culminating with this.

They are stating the decision was made for 'atmospheric reasons' but that's really just a thinly veiled excuse for a move to make more 360 sales.

Oh well :(

What a lame excuse.

Graphically, that screen shot looks pretty bad anyways.

So much for the screens they showed years ago which rivaled Crysis.

I bet they are just having issues developing the game, and went console only so they don't have to focus on the graphics and technology since half the appeal was the technology.

Upvote 0
"Alan Wake just plays better on a couch in front of the TV screen"

I have a couch and a TV screen hooked to my PC, can I has the game now? :)

So, as its better on xbox according to him, then it would be some kind of insult to pc gamers to play an "inferior" version, so better to not allow to play it at all?.

I think all games are better played on PC, with this logic, there shouldn't be console games at all.

Sorry, I can't find a logical explanation other than pure Xbox BS. And if they are reading this (which I doubt) then they should know that no matter what...

I'M NOT GOING TO BUY YOUR GOD DAMNED THING

BTW... Never heard of Alan Wake =P

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Microsoft should be ashamed of themselves, instead of actually investing into PC games(windows is their platform) they sabotage it by making games 360 exclusives(you can be pretty sure that MS simply paid them enough to keep it 360 exclusive)

The only reason I use Windows is for gaming, if PC gaming dies (and I really doubt it), I'll switch to Linux :p

Upvote 0
Too bad, it was quite a promising game. And the "it's more of a console game" argument is pretty much nonsense, to me it looks exactly the kind of game you would play on PC. PC gaming can provide a much more atmospheric and intimate experience, like one of the users on that site wrote. I wasn't really following the game, but knowing Remedy (Max Payne) it could have been a good game.

Upvote 0
Like Total War - of all strategy games :rolleyes: - would be that hard to get to work on a console.
I can see problems with fast games like Dawn of War or games that require loads of micromanaging like StarCraft and WarCraft, but Total War?

If they want to stay PC exclusive that's fine, especially since what I like most about the Total War games are the mods and modding is still PC territory. But this statement seems like CA's PR slimeballs just want to profit from the stupid Alan Wake faux pas.:p

Upvote 0