• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map First Map: kf-ainLostBoys_0.0.1 Critiques welcome

ainast

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 17, 2009
hey yall, I've just completed a working version of my first map. I'm not sure where I am going to go from here, I may completely rework it from scratch or continue it.

I would really appreciate some critiques, good or bad. all I ask is that you be specific and just don't go "it sucks" lol.

Also thanks to the many people of this forum who have been helping me the past couple of days. I've included a few screenshots but would appreciate it if you would play it for a bit and tell me your opinions.

Link to map: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/www.torreznet.com/sdm/kf-ainLostBoys_a010.rom[url]www.torreznet.com/sdm/kf-ainLostBoys_a010.rom[/URL]

thank you so much for all your help

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 0
alot of the buildings looks like they dont have support beams on them

1st pic, front building on left

3rd pic, back building on right

4th pics, the path up top on the left

also, its a cool idea, but you should continue the idea and make it bigger, with 3-4 traders. maybe have a cliff side trader as well

us the terrain tool to give the mountain feel around it as well

Last edited:
Upvote 0
true, I'm not done adding supports yet, I haven't added nearly any to the back. I wanted to get the game play down before I did those however. Also I'm trying to work out a way to add supports to the back ring and still have the patriarch be able to go around it.

All in all I will prob. end up recreating this map using the lessons I've learned to actually develop a much better working map. as you can prob. tell from the large space in the map I had no real plan for this map lol. Now that I do I will draw up some diagrams, more breakable platforms, at least 3 more traders, and better pathways.

Upvote 0
I'm thinking about creating 2 different maps,

I want to finish this one to 100% and then create a new one that is more platform style. I will remove the fort and make mountain pathways to climb. but the one aspect I like is not being confined to pathways. So I will prob attempt to make portions of the rock face climable.

I played it for an hour this afternoon and learned that my "birdsnest" is to easy to camp from. I thought I solved that with tree placement but it looks like I will have to add more obstacles. One great aspect is having to dodge the patriarchs fire. He can hit you from virtually any point.

Upvote 0
sweet, thanks lol. I am about to release an update then play it on the server tonight and hope all goes well, last night we had a good bit of fun with it. Patriarch went "one in the pipe" and I jumped to my death rather than get hit. (actually I thought I was gonna make it lol)

I guess the way I'll tell if its a good map is if it continues to be a fun and exciting teamwork map.

Last edited:
Upvote 0