• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tier 2 Zeds

nezul

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 25, 2009
for those who play killing floor often or those who have attained mr perky killing floor starts to seem easy, i know a few people where suicidal just does not seem all that suicidal with the perks that they have so i suggest Tier 2 Zeds.

this could be like normal zeds just slightly stronger, like a red clot that charges or a gorefast that wields swords without its messed up arm. maybe a fleshpound without its hand guards or a husk that shoot 3 fire balls.

these tier 2 zeds could only spawn if a majority of the team is level 4-5 or over or maybe come out on a new nightmare mode reserved for perks 5 and over. the new zeds could offer more money

I know this is somewhat similar to the multiple bosses thread but i think teir 2 zeds would offer more challenge and added on gameplay.

your opinions please

I love the idea for harder zeds, but can't we have something more origonal than the same ones rehashed.

How about a teleporting scrake-strength body-builder wielding a sledge hammer? Or a super fast moveing dog beast with tentacle fangs? Oh wait! A big fat blob thing that explodes into smaller big fat blob things that shoot balls of goo that slow you down! That would be sweeet.

Upvote 0
Let's say TWI doesn't do anything in terms of adding new zeds or making a new level. With that assumption they could make the game harder just by improving the zeds AI.

For example I don't know how many times I've seen crawlers just sitting someplace and not moving. Or a string of zeds following one player and won't turn around and go after the player behind them. Also make the FP attack the closest target not just the one he spies first. Additionally, the husk shouldn't reveal himself as much and blindly walk towards you. He should shoot at people and reveal himself but then take cover again until his arm recharges. Also the zeds show signs of intelligence (avoiding nades) so the husk firing and taking cover isn't too far of a stretch anyways.

All of these changes would make the game significantly more challenging without having to go through and rework all the numbers and balance for a new level or create new zeds.

I'm posting this as a minimalist approach because I'm sure TWI doesn't want to keep working hard and not getting paid for it. So with my suggestion you'd have to do a small amount of changes for a big reward.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Let's say TWI doesn't do anything in terms of adding new zeds or making a new level. With that assumption they could make the game harder just by improving the zeds AI.

For example I don't know how many times I've seen crawlers just sitting someplace and not moving. Or a string of zeds following one player and won't turn around and go after the player behind them. Also make the FP attack the closest target not just the one he spies first. Additionally, the husk shouldn't reveal himself as much and blindly walk towards you. He should shoot at people and reveal himself but then take cover again until his arm recharges. Also the zeds show signs of intelligence (avoiding nades) so the husk firing and taking cover isn't too far of a stretch anyways.

All of these changes would make the game significantly more challenging without having to go through and rework all the numbers and balance for a new level or create new zeds.

I'm posting this as a minimalist approach because I'm sure TWI doesn't want to keep working hard and not getting paid for it. So with my suggestion you'd have to do a small amount of changes for a big reward.
The ads and DLC do pay for it.

Upvote 0
I agree with the main theme of the post about having another difficulty. I suggested having a dynamic difficulty to stop the use of everyone being sharpshooter or demolitions.
I like the idea of new zeds, that would be a great dlc considering they have already made two skins dlc a new zed dlc would be great.

Or for now you can try some of the mutators like poundamonium on suicidal or fire alarm siren

Upvote 0
I like the idea of new zeds, that would be a great dlc considering they have already made two skins dlc a new zed dlc would be great.

They won't do Zeds as new DLC, they have stated (repeatedly) that any DLC will not change the game, so that once you buy the game you don't have to buy any DLC and still be able to play

but if they made DLC that changed how the zeds looked to me (super gruesome, maybe more like the mod) that would be $20 well spent

Upvote 0
I suggested new zeds as i was told by someone that editing how the AI behaves is extremely difficult as thats just simply how the engine works. I think someone asked why cant the patty stay far away and just snipe with his rocket launcher/chaingun. he cant simply because the game engine does not allow anything but node paths or paths directly to the player. There have been some instances where gorefasts have ran close to me and then tried to get around me to attack. Im not sure if this is a bug or something to do with the AI script however he was still taking a direct route to me, which is all the engine really allow.

I think the chaingun fleshpounds are a good idea, as long as there are very few of them. why not implement the shade?

I think Tier 2 Zeds should be similar to the already existing ones so as to not change the gameplay, simply change the difficulty.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I love the idea for harder zeds, but can't we have something more origonal than the same ones rehashed.

How about a teleporting scrake-strength body-builder wielding a sledge hammer? Or a super fast moveing dog beast with tentacle fangs? Oh wait! A big fat blob thing that explodes into smaller big fat blob things that shoot balls of goo that slow you down! That would be sweeet.

A teleporting Scrake-like zed would scare the living **** out of me.

Upvote 0
The tier 2 zed idea was previously discussed here:

[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=39556&highlight=megaphone[/URL]

I think it's a great way to boost the game without coming up with entirely new content. New zed skins and stats for the tier 2 zeds, perhaps new animations in some extreme cases. Effectively doubles the zed variety without double the work. Here are my suggestions:

Gorefast: bigger blade, swings more slowly but does more damage, still can do a double hit. Moves slightly slower but is tougher. New skin texture and blade model. Or it could have 2 arms & 2 blades.

Clot: stronger zed, moves faster, tougher, can grab a zerker. Bigger & more muscular model.

Siren: Moves faster and has longer attack range.

Crawler: Is tougher, does more damage, same jumping mechanics. New model texture.

Scrake: 2 chainsaws, does twice as much damage, same movement speed and health. New chainsaw model and attack animation.

Husk: 2 fireball cannons, weak melee attack. New fireball cannon model and attack animation.

Stalker: better invisibility, does bleed damage over time (until player heals), is tougher and is not revealed to commandos. Make cloak model more transparent, new skin texture.

Bloat: tougher, longer bile attack range, moves faster. New skin texture.

Fleshpound: I think a metal mask or knight's helmet would be pretty cool along with extra armor on its body. Essentially it would have to be decapped twice, the first time removing the helmet/mask and raging it. This would demand a skilled SS headshot or two working together to bring down safely. New model for armor.

Upvote 0
this could be like normal zeds just slightly stronger, like a red clot that charges or a gorefast that wields swords without its messed up arm. maybe a fleshpound without its hand guards or a husk that shoot 3 fire balls.

I dont like these zed ideas at all, to be honest. A red clot which charges? Id prolly laugh myself to death. A gorefast with 2 swords would look kinda stupid, however a gorefast with one sword arm and one "normal" arm would do fine I think (maybe could even grab people like clots do).

And err, why do people think a fleshpound without the arm shackles would do more damage? I mean, which one has more "flesh pounding potential", a bare fist or a metal fist with spikes?

these tier 2 zeds could only spawn if a majority of the team is level 4-5 or over or maybe come out on a new nightmare mode reserved for perks 5 and over. the new zeds could offer more money

Now this idea is great.

Upvote 0