• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

BioticsLab and Westlondon, seriously what's up?

YoYoBatty

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 17, 2009
Canada
Whats with the scene subtitles and interpolation points in Biotics Lab and Westlondon? I tried finding a scene manager but I only found scene subtitles saying help will be on the way or elimate all horzine test subjects. Whats with that tripwire? Are you going to add objectives to these levels and scene managers? I also found them in the mod!

those are just left over things man. theyve always been there.

theres more left over things but these im not going to reveal to TWI because instead of incorporating it into the map they just delete it.

like in bioticslab, these books were on the floor, i told TWI that they need a skin and instead of doing that they just deleted them:

retail without skin, i told them they need a skin, but, now they are deleted:
biobooks1.png

the same books as they were in the mod:
biobooks2.png

stuff like this really pisses me off. so if you find any other jewels still there in the maps i personally wouldnt tell TWI because they will most likely delete it.

Upvote 0
Ever thought about possible copyright issues in case if those skins are based on real books?

They are real(a mod can get away with that since it's not making money on it), thats why the skins where erased in the first place. But I think his point was that they should have made new skins or made something up for it, instead of just dismissing and deleting it.

Upvote 0
Replacing the skins with even some laboratory documents would make bit more sense though, or some safety manuals. It's a legit question to some degree, but who knows if they are just upside down paper stacks and backside is on top :p

i wouldve prefered if they had put new book skins on them like they have done with the biocola machines, in the mod it was a pepsi machine.

if anyone likes to go treasure hunting on the old maps its alot of fun. heres a list of official/original kf maps that have tons of left behind treasure to find in them :p

kf-west london
kf-biotics lab
kf-manor
kf-offices
kf-sewers

westlondon is the oldest (first kf map) so its probably got some really good treasure to find in it. i havnt dug around in it very much but i did find something really neat in it ;)

Upvote 0