• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sneaky hints?

Sammers

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 2, 2009
Scotland
Not been much activity from TWI recently due to holidays, but other than Tier 3 balances, I can almost sense something a little more coming our way soon. Just wondering if TWI would like to give any random little hints as to what kind of bad-a$$ery we can expect. I don't really mean anything that'll totally give it away, but more like a direction for me to start guessing in. :p

like check this out: zombies dont die when decapitated. that would be sweet.

no that would be lame....we're not talking about chickens here, and really how effective is ANYTHING without it's head :D

another bump in difficulty level would be nice though to counter the level6s and tier3 weapons.

i'd expect the tweeking of the tier3 weapons...possibly removal or just extreme tweeks. maybe a new class or new specimen to help balance those out. also level/difficulty restrictions i.e. can only use level6 abilities in suicidal difficulty or you have to be a level5 to use a tier3 weapon and equal balance of perk levels in servers so no level3s mixing with level5s on a normal server etc...

what i would personally love is a new gametpye. story mode eh, ok wouldn't mind it. but i'd personally like something designed around potential team/clan play since that is something this game is desperately lacking.

Upvote 0
I'd like to see a different spin on adding difficulty.

Same, though I sure wouldn't want to see friendly fire mandatory! Chaos would ensue. :p

I'd like to see TWI add some more strategy to fighting the specimens (the Patriarch in particular). Something that would allow the overall difficulty to be increased, but allow for some personal skill other than "shootitlol". I want an epic melee battle with the Patriarch.

Upvote 0
Well, based on past updates, it looks like the newer maps (particularly the 4 latest ones from the competition) will have some exploits that are probably going to be ironed out. Then add in some perk balance fixes I presume and there you have your next update. That's what I think.

I really hope there's more than that though.

Upvote 0
Personally just speeding up the zeds again and reducing the trader time and cash would be rather unoriginal and boring. I'd like to see a different spin on adding difficulty. That's right folks make all servers mandatory friendly fire and let the line dancing bunny hoping massacre begin.

Friendly fire isn't as difficult as you make it out to be.

The game just has to be balanced and possibly a newer game mode added or three.

Upvote 0
Personally just speeding up the zeds again and reducing the trader time and cash would be rather unoriginal and boring. I'd like to see a different spin on adding difficulty. That's right folks make all servers mandatory friendly fire and let the line dancing bunny hoping massacre begin.

LOL

I agree except for the friendly fire part. I actually suggested (in another topic) that they should add a new difficulty where the zeds behave differently, and maybe have different skills too. Like scrakes raging randomly, I mean atm they are pretty much a joke since you can take them out before they even have a change to rage and run up to you.

Or... Scrakes fixing up other zeds xD, he is a medic right?

lol

But to be more serious again, theres lots of things they could do with the current zeds to increase the difficulty, without too much effort and changes in the code. Stalkers for example dont usually attack while moving, so why dont they make them do just that on harder difficulties? Or maybe even make them more silent? Gorefasts could maybe attempt to dodge hits by moving aside randomly when you are aiming at them (I know they already kinda zigzag at some situations but thats not rly what I ment). Husks might try to stay further away from the group and "snipe" instead of just mindlessly walking towards them while shooting. Crawlers leaping further, or walking on walls (altho that would be way too much code I guess, and might appear too buggy).

Upvote 0
Nobody get your hopes up for any updates beyond balance fixes. The game should be nearing the end of its product life cycle I think.
It's barely been out a year and it's selling full price. I think not.

EDIT: Also, RO was waaaayyyy further past it's life expectancy. It got 26 new achievements, 14 new weapons and 12 maps before Xmas. So uh.....I look forward to new Killing Floor content.

Last edited:
Upvote 0