• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The jerks on KF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoco

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 25, 2009
I don't really like the people on the servers. The people I play with are selfish, retarded and stupid noobs. Okay, well, not all of them but I had a few moments where my team totally pissed me off.

There was this one time when I played as a berserker. I took a bit of damage and then I started yelling for a medic. And guess what? Everyone ignored me. I know there might be some other noobs who like to spam commands but I'm telling you right now, I do not repeatedly press V, 1, 1 to be annoying. I repeatedly press V, 1, 1 because I AM DYING!!!!!! I NEED HELP!!!!!

Me: And you guys didn't even bother to heal me when I was spamming medic

Another player: Dude, that's because we were busy killing stuff!

Uh, hi. A teammate's life is higher priority than your kills. This is called a co-op game for a reason!!!!

Me: Medic! Medic!

Noob: Go find one, I'm a sharpshooter

Me: YOU CAN STILL HEAL ME, YOU ASSHOLE!!!!

Noob: Yeah, but I just don't want to

In case, you think this is fake, these are REAL moments on KF. That guy just said he didn't want to heal me. In that case, this is not the game for him. Killing Floor is a co-op game! And a co-op game is where players HELP each other! So what did I do? I left him alone. I stood by and watched as he got mauled by a big crowd of specimens.

Another thing is money. I joined a long, normal game at wave 7. I went to the trader and asked for money. And, yes, again, they ignored me. Or at least gave too little money. Maybe around 200-300 pounds. Hi, it's wave 7. You should have LOADS of money by now. Unless you have been wasting it all. That's what I don't like about multiplayer. People are selfish, rude and retarded.

You should probably find a group of friends to play with, then.

That said, just because you come into a game late doesn't entitle you to their cash. They got to wave 7 without you, so you can earn your own stash in the next few rounds.

That said, sure, if I have extra cash and a stranger hops in and isn't being a prick, sure, I'll toss some your way, but I'm also going to keep a little bit for myself in case I die so I can re-equip myself properly.

Upvote 0
to be honest that example was one of the least awful things other players can do to you in this game. I have seen similar threads with the exact opposite being the subject of complaint (beserk runs too far ahead, then complains when people don't heal him). Not saying that is you of course.

I've seen some good similar threads where you will laugh at the retarded things you see from players

Upvote 0
Uh, hi. A teammate's life is higher priority than your kills. This is called a co-op game for a reason!!!!

I seriously think that this depends on the situation. I agree that everybody should be saved, but there are moments in this game when there is no time to heal. I for myself suffered horrible deaths just because people started to heal me, thus decreasing the team firepower and then wasted the whole team in this critical moment. When there's time to breath, there's time to heal though.

Another thing is the money. Of course you should give a helping hand to late joiners, but there are also exceptions: I always think twice if there's a random level 1 demolitions expert or level 0 berserker joining a hard or even suicidal server. They most probably will get killed in late waves. A good way is to take advantage of your own high perk and just buy them a gun (even if it doesn't fit to their perk).

Upvote 0
Come play @ ScarFace's Place. I'll take care of you.

Server runs pretty much daily from 8pm eastern til 10ish.

Just a tip you'd probably not need healed as much if you didn't play zerker. The class is WAY undergunned due to the addition of the latest weapons and its simply too risky going in close quarters for damage, when you can deal twice as much from 3 times the distance with commando/sharpie and to a lessor extent support.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There was this one time when I played as a berserker. I took a bit of damage and then I started yelling for a medic. And guess what? Everyone ignored me. I know there might be some other noobs who like to spam commands but I'm telling you right now, I do not repeatedly press V, 1, 1 to be annoying. I repeatedly press V, 1, 1 because I AM DYING!!!!!! I NEED HELP!!!!!
It sounds like you need more practice with the berserker. Are you using the katana? It's arguably the best melee weapon for berserker. Remember that you move faster than other classes (bar medic) so use that to your advantage and keep back pedalling when you're confronting a group of specimens.
Crawlers were my biggest nightmare when I started out as berserker. I recommend using a gun to take them out. I used to use bullpup a lot if I had spare money and shoot stalkers to level up commando and shoot crawlers, especially groups of them. Alternatively, you can try dodging them (then meleeing them quickly) in a couple of ways:
1) Move just so you are close enough for them to make their pounce attack, then quickly backpedal out of where they are about to pounce. Then crouch to make it easier to melee them (unless you are using katana) and melee them. The katana has enough range to hit them on the ground if you are right next to them and standing
2) Similar to 1, but sidestep left or right and turn towards where they are to melee them (with a crouch / standing katana attack)
With a lot of practice, you can take on multiple crawlers with a melee weapon (katana in mind here). I usually use 1 for groups of crawlers as the ones behind or next to the one you're targeting tend to get in range very quickly to pounce you together.

Husks are annoying. Period. The fire blinds you and makes it very hard to see things like annoying crawlers. And I thought crawlers were annoying enough (for me now they are not a threat with my agile dodging ;) ). My counter against them is to get a crossbow and headshot them. In very early waves where it's highly unlikely you'll have enough money to get a katana + armor (then crossbow, especially in hard/suicidal), fight around corners and use cover to your advantage (e.g the cars in west london). If you're hiding around a corner, you can also attempt to ambush them by quickly running to melee/kill them when they are near or at the corner.

I recommend staying away from sirens; definitely stay back if there are 2+ sirens together. Otherwise, you can try to charge in and make a one hit alt-attack with the katana, but this can be risky if its in a group.

I recommend shooting the heads of bloats. You won't take much damage from its bile, but it blinds you and makes it hard to see things like annoying crawlers. Alternatively, you can try one hit alt-attack a bloats head and decap it (causing it to explode) but it requires some practice.

If you're interested, I'll post my tips for other specimen types for berserker. But for now, I need to play KF :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Summary: Everyone are retards

Ive always been wondering the same thing, not just in KF but in all games. Most people are just simply selfish, I guess.

I often find myself the ONLY ONE healing teammates, everyone else just rather heal that 3 damage from themselves than heal me when Im on 30hp -_-. Also, everyone just keeps begging for money every f***ing round and never give anything back. I pretty much NEVER ask money because it reminds me of all those noobs. And I wonder why I even give so much money to them...

You are always welcome to my server at 95.211.15.19:7707, Im doing my best to keep all the nubbies away. Hard/Long, map/kickvote. Altho I probably shouldnt post the IP around in forums, might attract some unwanted visitors (noobs) >_>

Upvote 0
My advice: add people to your friends list who are NOT jerks. When joining a game see if a friend is on first. Eventually you'll find games you play are populated mostly with people you know. This also provides a critical mass to kick people who are still sucking. Also know that as you get higher in difficulty this behavior is seen less frequently. People on Hard and Suicidal are generally good players. There are always exceptions of course.

My take on your post:

I wasn't there but based only on how I see other zerkers behave I'm guessing there was a chance it's your fault. If you are way out front hacking stuff up and suddenly need healing keep this in mind:
  1. If you stay where you are then people will have to leave firing positions to come heal you.
  2. You are a ***** to heal because you're moving everywhere at your enhanced speed. Medics f'n hate this.
  3. I have no resistance to damage (nor budget to repair armor) so coming up to you will get me chewed up.
  4. You are *always* damaged. I can't tell if 50-75% is bad for you or expected. I'm not leaving a firing position without knowing for sure. If you're running at me screaming for help I get the message.
  5. If there is a big pile o crap that ambushes you way up front I consider that your problem. If you don't like it then hug a wall so you're out of my line of fire. I'll do my best to cover your retreat to a sensible location.
  6. When you retreat towards me to be healed you are bringing a big angry mob right behind you. I may become distracted when you arrive.
If none of the above apply to you and it really super truly is the fault of the rest of the team then just retreat to the back lines and leisurely heal yourself. The dicks will just have to be one man short until you are finished. As a zerker you're likely quite rich too...pay their lack of assistance back by not dropping cash.

Upvote 0
As a berserker you have to fight/retreat constantly. If you take damage and have no armor, get back and heal, then return and slice away. 60hp - retreat.

If someone has specimens in their sight, the first priority is to kill them while maintaining their own health. The only person who would give up killing specimen to heal you is a field medic.

Upvote 0
I don't really like the people on the servers. The people I play with are selfish, retarded and stupid noobs. Okay, well, not all of them but I had a few moments where my team totally pissed me off.

Me: And you guys didn't even bother to heal me when I was spamming medic

Another player: Dude, that's because we were busy killing stuff!

Me: Medic! Medic!

Noob: Go find one, I'm a sharpshooter

Me: YOU CAN STILL HEAL ME, YOU ASSHOLE!!!!

Noob: Yeah, but I just don't want to

In case, you think this is fake, these are REAL moments on KF. That guy just said he didn't want to heal me. In that case, this is not the game for him. Killing Floor is a co-op game! And a co-op game is where players HELP each other! So what did I do? I left him alone. I stood by and watched as he got mauled by a big crowd of specimens.

Another thing is money. I joined a long, normal game at wave 7. I went to the trader and asked for money. And, yes, again, they ignored me. Or at least gave too little money. Maybe around 200-300 pounds. Hi, it's wave 7. You should have LOADS of money by now. Unless you have been wasting it all. That's what I don't like about multiplayer. People are selfish, rude and retarded.

No offense, but I think it's HOW you talked to them, not what you said, that made them not want to help you...

Chill out, be a bit more respectful, and don't assume everyone is an idiot because they don't follow your orders... Along those lines, don't bark out orders. It'll have the OPPOSITE effect you're hoping for...

Upvote 0
right, I usally play with 1-5 friends and last night 4 of us were playing trying to get my son his acheivement for normal maps. We were on Bedlam and we were on teamspeak. and this level 6 support shows up, and its cool. we all go to 1 of our camp spots and he stops a room away and we figure he want to get some kills and doesn't want us hogging the show (we had a level 4 and 5 support, with a 2 commando and 3 demo). he dies a little bit in the wave and type 'we need to stay together' My in game vocals don't work (not sure why, its working fine in teamspeak). and then 2 rounds latter, same trader, we goto the same camp spot, and he stops again, and I turn and get his attention with my flash light, and he looks at me and I go down the hall, and he stays there. When he dies again, he rage quits.

I know a lot of people think we are lame, becuase we will wait a wave before giving a new person money, to see if they are going to stay with us or go ramboing and die. But if they are staying alive, or at least sticking with us and aren't supidly line dancing in front of the scars and nade launchers, then we make sure they get $$ and guns

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.