• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hospital Horrors "Director's Cut" Competition

gusone

Grizzled Veteran
May 2, 2009
Sidcup
steamcommunity.com
dcpreviewposter.jpg

That's right this is a chance to get your and your buddies names in a JUSTFILTH map!!!!!

Your impossible mission should you choose to accept is to kill Ol' Pat (the Patriarch) on Hospital Horrors "Director's Cut" in the quickest time over 10 waves of good ol' wholesome Hard and Suicidal gameplay. Don't worry you don't have to do it with friendly fire on (unless you are real men who like your coffee good to go in the morning).

To qualify you have to post a screenshot of "Your Squad Survived" in this thread. It has to show 6 players (with a good distribution of kills), the time and waves. Be warned we want to spectate the potential winners on a run before we announce so we will know if you CHEAT! Note: 2 whiteboards are on offer one for the fastest hard and one for suicidal (you can only win one).

The winners will win a whiteboard with their names scrawled on it depicting a heroic moment during their winning run placed somewhere of our choosing in the final version of the map . See below.

anthem_tk2.jpg

Download Hospital Horrors "Director's Cut" from here:

http://www.moddb.com/games/killing-floor/addons/hospitalhorrors-directors-cut

For solo practice:

Install: Place the KF-HospitalHorrors-DCB3.rom file in your KillingFloor Maps Directory.
Default XP: C:/Programs/steam/steamapps/common/killingfloor/Maps
Default Vista: C:/Programs(x86)/steam/steamapps/common/killingfloor/Maps

For six man fun lobby your favourite Killing Floor Server Admin to run the map on their server.

We've also set up a dedicated Hospital Horrors "Director's Cut" a Suicidal Long server here:

217.163.10.226:7707

EDIT: We're also now considering separate group categories for 4 and 5 player teams so GOGOGO! The map will look like an Australian's nightmare at this rate. And special solo prizes for best stories/ experiences. And added with a screenie would be even better.

So have fun, shoot straight and above all be quick or be dead!

Disclaimer: Gus reserves the right to modify the rules if circumstances dictate (cheating, force majeure etc).
Closing date was 4th Jan 2010 but now we need someone to actually complete it first so in January some time.

Last edited:
What about teams of 4? I realize that 6 is harder but I don't have a team of 6...I have a team of 4? I run a public server and we just play with whomever else (usually picking up their slack...haha).

Also, why time too? Isn't that sorta random? I mean the team is sort of at the mercy of the AI spawn gods....where it drops them...how long it takes them to walk towards your team...getting caught on a door or a chair etc....bunching up and getting caught. I guess there is no other way to measure it to have a competition tho? Perhaps damage taken...can you guys set up a tracker or something?

I'm not asking you to revamp your contest...time is fine...I just wanted an explaination for that. However, a slight modification to team size would be great.

Upvote 0
Not on your nelly, it's 6 man hard and suicidal and that's it. And yes time is random as is taking a few mercenary pros to make your team up to 6. Like I said remember it's just a game and as with every competition ... somebody has to win so roll the dice in this random game of chance. Of course a gambler will be able to calculate the probability and stack the odds in his favour with a pro team and a good tactic. Remember you can practise with 4 it's no pushover. Another intangible award will be the winners will in fact be the best players by default.

Good luck!

Upvote 0
Not on your nelly, it's 6 man hard and suicidal and that's it. And yes time is random as is taking a few mercenary pros to make your team up to 6. Like I said remember it's just a game and as with every competition ... somebody has to win so roll the dice in this random game of chance. Of course a gambler will be able to calculate the probability and stack the odds in his favour with a pro team and a good tactic. Remember you can practise with 4 it's no pushover. Another intangible award will be the winners will in fact be the best players by default.

Good luck!

Well join my team of 4, you'd probably learn a thing or two.

Upvote 0
Guy's you are letting the side down. All we hear is complaints that it's too hard - that sounds like emo to me. So in response we had to persuade TWI to drop the price of KF so we can get some new real players for this challenge. You lot wouldn't know what L33T is if it punched you in the face.

We've also set up a dedicated Hospital Horrors "Director's Cut" a Suicidal Long server here:

Lord only knows why it does not appear in the Server browser but that bloody server browser has a mind of it's own at the best of times. (If it ever appears its called 'Hospital Horrors "Director's Cut" Competition Server'.

No more excuses. It's time for the real men to stand up and get their tags in a Justfilth map!

(oh and after TWI Schneider is going to show us how to solo it with level 9 perks)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Guy's you are letting the side down. All we hear is complaints that it's too hard - that sounds like emo to me. So in response we had to persuade TWI to drop the price of KF so we can get some new real players for this challenge. You lot wouldn't know what L33T is if it punched you in the face.

Lord only knows why it does not appear in the Server browser but that bloody server browser has a mind of it's own at the best of times. (If it ever appears its called 'Hospital Horrors "Director's Cut" Competition Server'.

No more excuses. It's time for the real men to stand up and get their tags in a Justfilth map!

(oh and after TWI Schneider is going to show us how to solo it with level 9 perks)

Probably do it as a Sharpshooter, too!

Sharpshooter
Level 9

• +9999% damage with the 9mm, Handcannon, Lever Action Rifle, EBR, and Crossbow
  • No recoil with the 9mm, Handcannon, Lever Action Rifle, EBR, and Crossbow
  • Instant reload with precision weapons
  • Unlimited ammo with precision weapons
  • All shots within 10m of an enemy's head instantly kill
  • 300% discount on Handcannons and EBR
  • Spawns with Dual EBRs, Body Armor, and God Mode
  • M-14 Alt-Fire causes an UT2004 bot set on Godlike to take control of your character.

Anyway, in all seriousness, any attempts at the map I make on public servers turn out like that scene in the movie Aliens where the marines stumble into the Xenomorph hive

OH ****! THEY'RE EVERYWHERE! *Wild bursts of gunfire* WE'RE SURROUNDED! *A low-level Firebug runs past, lit on fire by his own Flamethrower* HOLY CRAP, THEY'RE IN THE CEILING! THE MEDIC IS DOWN! NO! THEY GOT SARGE! RUN! THEY SPLASHED ACID ON GORMAN! WE'RE SCREWED!

It turns out very ugly and pretty traumatic for the newbies. And this is only on Hard!

Upvote 0