• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra only $5

If you end up playing RO quite a lot of people absolutely hate the game the first 2 days they play it, and then after those days completely love it.

So try to put some hours in the game before you possibly write it off, and pick your servers well based on your taste. Driving tanks and tank maps are an aquired taste, so especially in the beginning it might be wiser to focus on infantry/combined arms maps.

The mods can be a great amount of fun as well, darkesthour works really well with 50 players and offers vast amounts of freedom. Regular ro and mare nostrum offer great gameplay for smaller player amounts or more chaos.
(You can get the mods by searching for mare nostrum and darkest hour through the steam store).

The highest activity peak is probably around 21cet 20gmt 3est for this game with around 800 playing ro at that time and 200 playing darkest hour.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
And I just bought CSS for $5, damn steam too many good deals. Still thinking if I should get this, almost done with dragon age finally but still have modern warfare 2 and left 4 dead 2, then css, and then trying out the new updates for kf and defence alliance. ugh too much games to play right now. I probably won't have the time to play mass effect before 2 comes out either.

edit: theres also that new tf2 update i should probably try out

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you want to support TWI, buy RO (like I did)

but if you look for an interesting game, careful consider it.

I ought it a while back then, figured if kf is fine, ro should be. NO, IT'S NOT. NOT A BIT LIKE KF.

It's hard to express, but simply I spent a day or so on that game, and deleted it. No regret, thou. For twi.

Upvote 0
If you want to support TWI, buy RO (like I did)

but if you look for an interesting game, careful consider it.

I ought it a while back then, figured if kf is fine, ro should be. NO, IT'S NOT. NOT A BIT LIKE KF.

It's hard to express, but simply I spent a day or so on that game, and deleted it. No regret, thou. For twi.

It is not like KF, but it still is great game. It is quite hard for newcomers though

Upvote 0
Ro plays different than most games, so you need to play it with a different thought and playing style than other games. For a lot of people it takes a little while to get a hang of that. Meaning that till you find the flow in the game, you will get killed by nearly everybody, and especially by people at long range (making it feel as if the game is boring and that every map plays the same).

Last edited:
Upvote 0