• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Different view in IS mode

LemoN

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 26, 2006
Prussotroll's Bridge
ok i brought this up in another thread but thought this may (or may not:p) deserve its own thread

ok so here it goes:

The game should restrict your weapon to the approximate center of the screen(with maybe 2-3cm freeaim), but enable free head/upper body movement in a restricted arc while in that mode (wich is controlled by mouse) so if you move your mouse your upper body will turn in that direction untill the limit is reached

i can pivot my head/upper body (if alligned to the sights) around an rough 80

The thing is turning happens naturally.

If you happen to just see someone you want to kill and hes just out of range of the gun (I call that SU76 syndrome) then that is simply annoying, especially if its something that should be as easy to control as your own body. While being prone however i would support your suggestion.

But generally while standing i think it would be better to primarily move your gun and upper body for a bit and after a while move your legs as well all automatically. But with a big "3rd person" freeaim mode basically where freeaim means moving your upper body and the non freeaim means moving your lower body.

Upvote 0
The thing is turning happens naturally.

If you happen to just see someone you want to kill and hes just out of range of the gun (I call that SU76 syndrome) then that is simply annoying, especially if its something that should be as easy to control as your own body. While being prone however i would support your suggestion.

But generally while standing i think it would be better to primarily move your gun and upper body for a bit and after a while move your legs as well all automatically. But with a big "3rd person" freeaim mode basically where freeaim means moving your upper body and the non freeaim means moving your lower body.

you just 100% described what my suggestion is ;)

i allways have big difficulties to bring things in my head to paper :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0