• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

IDEAS to be added/changed (from a vet/pro)

skillshot

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
-hardcore mode for the vets (mandatory FF %50-100, suicidal mode with a harder/fast/better/stronger zeds...seriously, add achieves from this gametype, maybe unlocked with mr perky)

-level load bar

-upgraded pat(harder, needs help from FPs, scrakes, husks...not trash
zeds, atleast on hard/suicidal)

-xbow nerf, katana incentive, and various tweaks to guns to balance

-zerk def needs some help...as its non existent

-first 3 waves need to go...they are simply 5-15 minutes of me doing 360 jump shots on clots and crap zeds. And not fun...busy work (im sure many will disagree, specially lower levels)

-new voices, or an option to turn them off.

-varied zed type skin (clots and gores need to very, maybe scrakes too...FPs, husks, and crawlers are fine) unless this will hurt performance...

-an option to replay a map so that we dont have to go through the horendous load times every single time.

These are just a couple of things off the top of my head i think need to be added, tweaked or changed. Feel free to add, suggest, or dispute any of these things.

long mode?

long mode?

Since wave ten is much harder than the pat IMO (and my favorite part of the game) i would like to suggest:

-A whitelisted SuperLong game, 15+ waves...getting progressively harder than the current wave ten on all difficulty levels. Maybe some achieves for this on suicidal mode, but as long as its whitelisted this would be awesome!

Upvote 0
While I do agree that there is a problem with the first three waves or so, I don't think the problem is that they are unneeded. The problem is that money is so readily available that most players will have a tier 2 or tier 3 weapon by the first or second wave. The first few rounds are there for killing low level zeds with low level weapons so that you can save up and buy high level weapons for high level zeds. It's kind of like a 30 minute rpg except higher levels automatically skip to the endgame which is a bummer if you like the low level action.

I would instead suggest removing all money based bonuses from perks (spawning with a weapon, weapon discount) and then reduce the price of the medgun and pipebombs and restrict those weapons to the medic and demoman respectively. That way all the low tier weapons aren't obsolete the instant the game starts and gives players a chance to work for their weapons in the first few waves.

Alternately, set your perks to level 1 with 100% Friendly Fire for a real challenge and ignore all discussion about balancing the game at high level perks.

Upvote 0
Care to link, i looked and searched for 20 minutes, found nothing on this!

My pleasure

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=30579

From that link:

then I recommend you change the default setting of Repeat Limit in the Web Admin Interface to 0 or RepeatLimit=4 to RepeatLimit=0 in the KillingFloor.ini. Otherwise, of the default maps that are in rotation, 4 will be locked leaving you with a choice of only 1.

With the understand that what you talked about is the map got blur and non-selectable after you play it, so you can not vote for it again. That option will fix it.

EDIT: just checked your steam ID. I'm on your friends list. The name's Cylla.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
this!.

A harder mode would be welcome, because as it is now your right, dual FP's with some scrakes and sirens on suicidal tends to be more potent then the Patty himself...

Agree, I was askin a diff thread about getting more waves via sandbox, tho I never tried it, the respose was it expanded to 15. Pat is kind of an out dated boss now, we need a new boss, or an evolution of some kind to make something stronger then pat that he didn't create. (maybe its to Underworld) Having more waves, would be great, I think it would be challenging, because Im guessing that people will run out of ammo somewhere on 15-20 waves

Upvote 0
Agree, I was askin a diff thread about getting more waves via sandbox, tho I never tried it, the respose was it expanded to 15. Pat is kind of an out dated boss now, we need a new boss, or an evolution of some kind to make something stronger then pat that he didn't create. (maybe its to Underworld) Having more waves, would be great, I think it would be challenging, because Im guessing that people will run out of ammo somewhere on 15-20 waves

Lets make few waves, with huge hordes of cloths and gorefast only and after them, when people are little short of ammo, we spawn a scrakes, sirens and other huger pests. So we need at least one good zerker to clean out the lesser zeds.

Upvote 0

/signed
/sealed
/delivered

Upvote 0
Instead of running out of ammo after wave 15+ (likely much sooner) you'd have to start stockpiling extra weapons at all the trader spots, and quickly refilling them between waves. Would make for some interesting action, i.e. drop and grab a new M32 instead of reloading when you need it NOW. And a couple kitanas might be good for insurance.

Either unlimited waves mode or 15-20 waves mode would kick a$$

Last edited:
Upvote 0
this could really give light to people being able to buy extra ammo ingame, afterall if you could by a pumpy shotgun and have 300 shells ... ke ke ke!

Upvote 0
Making fighting the Patriarch harder

Making fighting the Patriarch harder

this!.

A harder mode would be welcome, because as it is now your right, dual FP's with some scrakes and sirens on suicidal tends to be more potent then the Patty himself...

I agree, imo what makes the Patriarch easier that the earlier waves most of the time, is that he is very predictable in his way of attacking giving warning before making his attacks.
The help he gets from clots, crawlers and stalkers does not really pose an obstacle even on suicidal as they are easily dealt with at this late stage in the game.

To make him harder removing his warnings when he attacks would add some, other than that make his helpers more tough - perhaps adding some of the tougher specimens into the mix.
Also the first wave of helpers could spawn with him instead of when he heals, that would increase difficulty by much - in this case the first wave should properly resemble the current waves ie clots, stalkers and crawlers only.

Upvote 0
I agree, imo what makes the Patriarch easier that the earlier waves most of the time, is that he is very predictable in his way of attacking giving warning before making his attacks.
The help he gets from clots, crawlers and stalkers does not really pose an obstacle even on suicidal as they are easily dealt with at this late stage in the game.

To make him harder removing his warnings when he attacks would add some, other than that make his helpers more tough - perhaps adding some of the tougher specimens into the mix.
Also the first wave of helpers could spawn with him instead of when he heals, that would increase difficulty by much - in this case the first wave should properly resemble the current waves ie clots, stalkers and crawlers only.
Why don't we make patty spawn with two fp:s and patty comes to players, when FP:s are enough close or dead.

If someon goes solo, then patty would attack him and Fp:s ignore solo players and find the team.

Upvote 0