• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The [Serious] Character Suggestion Thread

Caspy

May 17, 2009
There have been numerous new character threads but they usually spiral into the general "LOL add a samurai!!!1!1!!" bull****tery. So I decided to create a thread in which one made serious suggestions, It even has a format!!

Few Notes:
-Please dont comment if you haven't thought out your character
-Post as many different ones as you please

Name: High Priest Joel Carson (Original name: Oliver Washburn)
Backstory: Joel was an incredibly good conman. He started out small enough, a life-savings here, an investment there. But he wanted to taste the big money. That's where the Neo-Church of the Ever-Lasting Christ came in. With this cult he was able to suck money out of hundreds and thousands of people. With his acting skills he was able to keep them in constant fear of the end times. Who knew his predictions would come true. Once the zeds started chewing out the populace a lot of his congregation let themselves get torn apart, but Joel was able to make it out relatively scratch-free and with a few of the guns from the Cult's armory.
Appearance: I'm currently debating what I would like, I have two ideas:
A) He is in an all white priest suit and wearing a crown of thorns. In terms of his face, he has a goatee and short brown hair
B) He's wearing a Jesus costume with a Crown of Thorns and he has longer hair.

Name: Thaddeus O'Connor
Backstory: A bad LSD trip and an invasion of flesh-eating zeds is probably not the best combination, and Thad is certainly a testament to this. Thad is your general hippy with a million different causes and a million different hallucinogens. Unfortunately, now his brain is scrambled and his once pacifist personality has been replaced by a never ending bloodlust. At least he seems to enjoy it...
Appearance: Pretty stereotypical hippy. I envision him wearing a baja hoodie and some raggedy-*** jeans with birkenstocks as well as a red bandanna covering his lower face. In terms of his hair I'm thinking either long dreadlocks or medium length hair that is completely ragged.

If you're lacking inspiration I suggest you think of what TWI has gone with. All of the original models are Anti-Heroes, cops with a history of police brutality that fit right into this new nightmarish world. They even include a character that had a hand in creating the chaos (Glover, the Haz-Mat suit guy). Or, you can try making an innocent wayward civilian, like they have been going with lately.

that priest seems a bit silly.

i remember someone suggesting simon pegg to be a character
(in shaun of the dead attire obv)
i think that would suit really well. lol
And obviously not be copyrighted.

I like the ideas but KF has plenty of characters and they only modify appearance adding more is not nearly important to the game as other issues.

But continue on anyway, I don't mind a thread like this over the millions of trash/repeat threads that have been popping up.

Upvote 0
I really would like to see Father Grigori right out of HL2 with his voice clips if it would be possible to have crossover characters.

Making religion less boring with each headshot.

London Service Pack

Name: Queen's Guard James Whiteson (Really why do we name them?)
Backstory: James enjoyed his iconic job. James enjoyed being a tourist attraction. James didn't enjoy his audience being eaten alive and certainly felt sad when he learned his name was at the bottom of evacuation list.
Appearance: -The Royal guard uniform except the hat. The bright red uniform is mostly caked with blood, so he doesn't look like a red candy on legs. Complete with ripped parts and bite/gorefast slash marks.
Optionally a Kevlar vest from a dead police on top of uniform.

Name: Fire fighter Elroy
Backstory: While first time visitors and long time residents are dissapointed to see London is not on fire, Elroy was happy to see it is not. But after the outbreak Elroys mind changed quickly. He figured it was that time in history to burn everything down.
Appearance: A baggier Fire fighters uniform then current London Fire Bridages, scroch marks and probably a flamethrower canister or two. Gas mask is obligatory and an older ornate hat as a bonus.

Name: Police Officer Micheal
Backstory: Micheal knew little about zombies or why he was told to stand on guard at Royal Small Arms Factory after it was closed 21 years ago. But he learned the hard way that a Lee Enfield that was kept as a memorabilia in the factory is not the best weapon to survive zombie apocalypse.
Appearance: Metropolitan Police Service uniforms... eh... Simon Pe... No, Nick Frost from Hot Fuzz... A chubby police officer.

Name: Technician Jack
Backstory: Jack was about to be fired for refusing to work in tunnels because of whispering creatures. His supervisor learned the hard way when a train full of half eaten corpses and bloodthristy specimen stopped at his station. London Underground became a maze of death but Jack had a head start when he accidentally stepped on a gaint spider with legs and arms in dark and an other dropped on him from the ceiling.
Appearance: A workers suit like the transport polices, yellow with white reflective stripes, a helmet with light (broken to respect gameplay), heavy boots, etc. The white stripes should be visible even in complete darkness.

Upvote 0
I really would like to see Father Grigori right out of HL2 with his voice clips if it would be possible to have crossover characters.

London Service Pack

Backstory: James enjoyed his iconic job. James enjoyed being a tourist attraction. James didn't enjoy his audience being eaten alive and certainly felt sad when he learned his name was at the bottom of evacuation list.
Appearance: -The Royal guard uniform except the hat. The bright red uniform is mostly caked with blood, so he doesn't look like a red candy on legs. Complete with ripped parts and bite/gorefast slash marks.

Backstory: While first time visitors and long time residents are dissapointed to see London is not on fire, Elroy was happy to see it is not. But after the outbreak Elroys mind changed quickly. He figured it was that time in history to burn everything down.
Appearance: A baggier Fire fighters uniform then current London Fire Bridages, scroch marks and probably a flamethrower canister or two. Gas mask is obligatory and an older ornate hat as a bonus.

Backstory: Micheal knew little about zombies or why he was told to stand on guard at Royal Small Arms Factory after it was closed 21 years ago. But he learned the hard way that a Lee Enfield that was kept as a memorabilia in the factory is not the best weapon to survive zombie apocalypse.
Appearance: Metropolitan Police Service uniforms... eh... Simon Pe... No, Nick Frost from Hot Fuzz... A chubby police officer.

Backstory: Jack was about to be fired for refusing to work in tunnels because of whispering creatures. His supervisor learned the hard way when a train full of half eaten corpses and bloodthristy specimen stopped at his station. London Underground became a maze of death but Jack had a head start when he accidentally stepped on a gaint spider with legs and arms in dark and an other dropped on him from the ceiling.
Appearance: A workers suit like the transport polices, yellow with white reflective stripes, a helmet with light (broken to respect gameplay), heavy boots, etc. The white stripes should be visible even in complete darkness.

LOVE the queen's guard idea and the backstory. Fire fighter seems kinda cheesy. And more police officers? Technician seems a little too close to foundry worker Alridge. All your back stories were great though.

But queen's guard- do want.

Upvote 0

London Service Pack

Oh man, that is great. I love it

that priest seems a bit silly.

Well, I wanted the ability to play as Jesus without actually being Jesus. C'mon, how cool would that be?

Upvote 0
Name: Deriek Smith
Backstory: Deriek is an old war alcoholic and spent many of his nights before the outbreak going from bar to bar. The night of the outbreak, Deriek fell asleep in a dumpster, but woke up to find that the city was evacuated and his town of london was being over-run.
Appearance: Deriek wears a torn shirt and with a black duster over it. Long straggly salt and pepper hair with a long knoted beard to match. Wearing blue jeans and boots.

Name: Candy ?????
Backstory: Candy was a stripper at a nightclub making decent pay (compaired to other that worked there). Night of the outbreak, Candy was on stage when they broke in the club, ripping and clawing everyone to peices. Needless to say she didn't make any money, but she did get out before they finished with the crowd. No all she has left are the cloths she left with and the gun from the harley she stole to escape.
Appearance: Candy uses Military camoflage to dance with and a helmet from the bike.

Good idea with the Royal Guard.

Upvote 0
How about a bum, like this
pict0642b.jpg

Upvote 0
hmm i got a few:
Frank Simmons
-homeless guy
-when all your buddies are rounded up in a white van you just drop your head and ignore it...when your buddies come back with 8 legs and a chainsaw its time to stop begging for coppers and dish out some lead!

Gavin "gazza" arckwright
-council house scum/chav
-living on the estates is tough, gang shootings, murders, rape, but when that gang from sonney side turn up with guns fer arms your gona have lay down some heavy ****!

there the only two i can think of atm, the homeless guy would be win!

Upvote 0