• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Help, I'm jumping and I can't stop! The bug.

Mikee

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 26, 2009
Very strange bug I've got going here. I'll be playing Killing Floor, y'know, dakka dakka this, sod off zed, bruddabruddabrudda shoot shoot kill guy blam. All of a sudden, nearly every button I hit is jump. Not even kidding. Including escape. I've tried resetting controls to default but the problem persists. If I mash a key long enough, it might start to work suddenly, but then if I release it and try again it'll start jumping again. Shoot and iron sights seem to work okay, they're mouse keys though and might be independent of the problem.

During this strange jump bug, I keep seeing a tiny white box window flash at the bottom right of my screen. It almost looks like there's a tiny grid on it even, or some sort of black box. I don't know what's up with that. I'm not running any programs aside from Steam, and even if I am the game is fine until maybe 20 minutes in.

Any suggestions? I'm playing on a laptop computer. An Asus G51VX series with a GeForce 260M card. Quad core processor.