• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

If you could would you return KF? aka KJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

skillshot

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
At this moment i would gladly sell my copy of KF for 15 bucks(i paid 20, plus both DLC packs)...seeing as hows its barely playable since the update! Knowing that i paid full retail for this game, and now they have introduced in-game adds for PRODUCTS I HAVE ALREADY PURCHASED (i have both DLC packs and RO). These adds likely slow down this already immensely buggy game. My comp works so much harder at the start of the maps, i can here the fans pumping hard....YES I AM CALLING THIS ISSUE OUT! I absolutely hate the fact that at one time my comp rocked this game...now i cant play competitively or recreationally at all!

Now i cant play normal b/c of performance issues (let alone suicidal with all the performance lag caused by spawning so many zeds, & thats all i played before). Im sick of this SHIstuff! My comp easily meets the specs for this game, yet i cant get over 20 FPS on lowest settings...or 50 fps with constant performance spikes...making the game inconsistant! I used to get 70+ with any kind of configuration i wanted!

THANK you TRIPWIRE your current update effin blows for 1/3 of the users that played before! THIS ISNT FUN! THIS IS QUITE ANNOYING!:mad:

AMD athlon 64 3800+
1 gb mem
ATI Radeon Saphire x1650pro graphics card
plenty of room on the hard drive
Windows XP (service pack 3)

I just want the game back to the performance i used to get. BTW on wave 5-6 my memory usage in the task manager gets to over 500MB (500,000k)...and i have seen it over 700mb...seeing as how the game in the steam requirements says minimum memory must be atleast 512mb, 1gb reccomended...there is a serious issue!

Also i can reproduce a frozen map load screen 100 percent of the time...on the 2nd map i play in a row...what happened to the KF that worked?

You know what bugs me the most, i looked forward to the level up content pack for weeks, only to be served the biggest killjoy from the standpoint that this game is unusable at the moment. killingfloor just became KillingJoy :eek:

At this moment i would gladly sell my copy of KF for 15 bucks(i paid 20, plus both DLC packs)...seeing as hows its barely playable since the update!

BTW if i could, i would also RE-buy the game if these performance issues were kinked out!

well there you have it tripwire - the 'double-or-quits' challenge.

Upvote 0
It does have issues at the moment, although when was the last time you cleaned out your computer? At one point the CPU fan in mine used to be really loud when playing games, and after cleaning out the heavily-clogged heatsink it was fine.

Seeing as how a week ago i installed a fresh graphics card (everything with the latest drivers of course). My comp is quite clean at the moment, there were a few small dust clumps but the shop vac took care of that. My fan is always quiet, during COD MW, CS, BF2...it runs without a hitch! but with KF...not the story!

Upvote 0
Maybe you should actually use the search function for performance issues. There are numerous ways you can fix the poor performance of this game. I have my friend playing on a crappy dell laptop with a junky mobile gfx card and vista 32bit with only 2 gigs of RAM. He plays just fine because I optimized his game and computer.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.