• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Clients stuck loading Index.rom after KF 1.008

i​e

Grizzled Veteran
May 27, 2009
After patching my game to latest version (1.008), any clients connecting to my server (including mine, on dedicated server) are stuck loading Index.rom and cannot enter game.

I'm clueless. Any KillingFloor.ini settings that could cause this?

Thanks for the quick reply, but

I said all clients, including mine (running on the very same computer!), cannot connect to my server anymore. This is not a firewall issue. I have also done tests with FW software disabled.

Playing solo on Listen server works for one map, after that I get stuck on loading screen, probably on Index.rom.

Upvote 0
What's your setup? Are you running the dedicated server through your client files or through the stand alone server files?

If client, have you performed a 'Verify integrity of game cache' in the Steam app window list just to make sure your files are as they should be?

If stand alone, give us your ip address and server name so we can check it out.

Upvote 0
I have this same problem. My friends and I used to host dedicated servers all the time to play with each other, but now we can't even connect to our own servers let alone each other. It just sits at the connecting screen that lists the IP address and Index.rom forever. I've tried verifying my game files, and forwarding the necessary ports, but I still can't connect to a server that is hosted from my own computer, or any of my friends' computers.

Listen servers yield the same results.

I'm very curious as to what this Index.rom file is exactly. I ran a search of my KF install directory and didn't find any file that had the word index in it anywhere.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Upvote 0