• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The RO:HoS Gamescom Presentation N0.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Emperor

Grizzled Veteran
May 9, 2009
Milkyway
Well I've been looking at the videos which were kindly posted here and well, graphics look nice but there's a lot I dislike.

The option to mantle, it would be a shame if it wasn't in. But, what the hell, the guy is not using his arms to mantle, this won't work in real life. Guys fix this please.

The sprinting, the blur effects are very nice, but the weapon is moving way too fast while sprinting. It looks spastic!

The AI, I really hope you'll improve this by far. First they are walking away from you when their magazine is empty, why are they not melee attacking instead?

"The Allies/Axis are attacking ...", are you serious about this popping up all the time? Actually this makes it useless to attack any objective, cause the whole enemy team knows that you're there. I hope it's just beta status and will be not in the actual release in 2010.

There's something missing for me: "Throwing back Grenades", maybe it's not implemented yet, but it'll be a nail in the *** if it's not in.

Of course I see it's still early status but I believe it's not too early for some criticism.

TWI guys, you started good, now get it perfect.

Last edited:
missleading thread title, OP hasent read the forums, stated things mentioned 1000 times allready...:p

The original one was closed and I couldn't get my opinion in anymore.
As I believe this is a vital thing to discuss the video footage, therefore I opened up another one. Quite simple :)

About mantling: they were showing off an alpha build, it's quite likely that the mantling animation doesn't have any animations yet. Just the transition over the obstacle.

I did mention I'm aware it's an early status, maybe not alpha, I said beta. Anyway I hope this is not the final one.

"There's something missing for me: "Throwing back Grenades", maybe it's not implemented yet, but it'll be a nail in the *** if it's not in."

Yea the game would be ruined without that :rolleyes:
Damn you 2009 members go play COD :p

Why should I go for CoD? Tell me.
The presentator told that they want to give the player more options like in real life. This definitely states there must be grenade throwing back!

the throwing back grenade thing would be fun, but only if you dont have that "throw back grenade" auto option, instead, you should manually get to it, aim at it, and either pick it up and throw it, or kick it, or prone over it to save your comrades with your sacrifice =P

Yeah it'll be fun and life saving! There should be no auto throw back, would ruin the game! :)

As I said in the thread's first posting, they are on a good way, they just need to get it excellent now! Keep it up! :)

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well I've been looking at the videos which were kindly posted here and well, graphics look nice but there's a lot I dislike.

The option to mantle, it would be a shame if it wasn't in. But, what the hell, the guy is not using his arms to mantle, this won't work in real life. Guys fix this please.

The sprinting, the blur effects are very nice, but the weapon is moving way too fast while sprinting. It looks spastic!

The AI, I really hope you'll improve this by far. First they are walking away from you when their magazine is empty, why are they not melee attacking instead?

"The Allies/Axis are attacking ...", are you serious about this popping up all the time? Actually this makes it useless to attack any objective, cause the whole enemy team knows that you're there. I hope it's just beta status and will be not in the actual release in 2010.

There's something missing for me: "Throwing back Grenades", maybe it's not implemented yet, but it'll be a nail in the *** if it's not in.

Of course I see it's still early status but I believe it's not too early for some criticism.

TWI guys, you started good, now get it perfect.

The guy was playing on the casual realism mode, the one designed for, well, casual people and new-comers. I'd imagine the "Capping point" will be removed in realism mode. Not to mention, the AI is in early alpha and I'm relatively sure it's coming out in 2011, not 2010.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.