• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Poll mag check

Poll mag check

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is how I understand it will work.

1. Player presses a 'mag check' key (might even be mapped to your reload key or something, hold R for mag check, tap R for full reload, for example).

2. First person (hopefully third person as well) animation plays where the soldier pulls out the magazine and checks the weight or bullet count (if the mag has holes or some other kind of indicator).

3. Game pops up some text (just like in Ostfront) that tells you how heavy the magazine is and then puts it back into the weapon.

What's the problem here? :confused:

Upvote 0
Why is that bad? The player takes out the magazine, and gets a message saying "The magazine feels heavy," "The magazine feels average," or "The Magazine feels light."
I'm not against that I'm against little blue bars telling me u have that much left
I defenetly see the point in having more precise idea on how many rounds left as you progress in ranks but right now ( judjing from Alpha I know it's very bad):eek:

Upvote 0
I'm not against that I'm against little blue bars telling me u have that much left
I defenetly see the point in having more precise idea on how many rounds left as you progress in ranks but right now ( judjing from Alpha I know it's very bad):eek:

I think you've misunderstood something, that little blue bar is the stamina gauge I believe. The ammo indicator is the same as in RO:O, except you can do a weight check any time.

Upvote 0
first. say what the Fyck your poll is about, its annoying to have to read the first 10 posts of people guessing to find out what the first post is actually about. second tell me what is unrealistic about yankin the mag out and taking a peek or feeling how heavy it is... if the game wont give us a magic hud number saying 'ye have 30 bullets left' then some other check is nice to have, personally i just count as i shoot but a backup is always nice..

Upvote 0
It would be cool to have a mag check if it was like this:

1) For weapons where the magazine tells you how many rounds you have left (the ones with holes in the back), then the player will look at it, see what the number is, and then reinsert the mag. No number will display anywhere. Just "feels heavy", "feels empty" while looking at the holes.

2) For weapons that don't have the holes (most weapons, if not all), then it just does it like it did in RO 1 during a reload.

I wonder how they will handle the belt fed LMGs though.

Guppy's got it right. Depending upon the weapon you generally pull the mag out to feel how heavy it is and then it just says "mag is light, heavy, etc". Also, on the DP28 you just look at the drum, since the buckle on the top of the drum rotates around letting you know how much ammo is left.

Good. Thanks for the update.

Upvote 0
Guppy's got it right. Depending upon the weapon you generally pull the mag out to feel how heavy it is and then it just says "mag is light, heavy, etc". Also, on the DP28 you just look at the drum, since the buckle on the top of the drum rotates around letting you know how much ammo is left.
That exactly what i meant, but sometimes experienced solders would attach little ribbon so it's more visible rather then a little nob.
Looks like i did mistakenly assumed that the second bar was ammo indication it was straight and looked a bit like mp-40 clip
so sorry 4 confusion lets end this poll.
Sorry again just trying to help, just like in Russia they say " we wanted to do good but it end up like always..."

Upvote 0