• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-Lockdown

Soulcrusher

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Map Name:
KF-Lockdown

*Updated Download Map Package:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2ZDH5NO1

Play this map at this Server:

Map Description:
Lockdown is a map that takes place deep in the Amazon jungle where Horizon has a secret bio-weapons testing facility. When your squad shows up, you realize that there has been an outbreak of specimens and that your job is to clean up the mess. A local Response team got to the location before you and they had the floor swept with them. Air Support surrounds the facility, mopping up any escaping/escaped specimens.

The level also has a "Lockdown" mode (hence the map name) that goes into effect at certain times, the first time at 14 mins into the game. When lockdown activates, you'll notice red flashing lights where doors are closing. Once closed, zombies won't attack the doors unless you weld them. This gives you a chance to catch your breath for less than 2 minutes and take free shots at zombies out the windows. Once the doors start opening, it makes killing zombies outside your doors easy works as the doors open slowly. The map doesn't go into lockdown very often, evening the playing filed for the zombies.

Designer Background:
I'm actuallny new to the UnrealEngine Editor and never before tried making a map before so this is my first map. If you have any pointers for me or things you think that deffinitely need to be changed about the map, shoot your ideas to me. I plan on making this a professional career for myself when I get done with the military.

Screenshots:
shot13180.png

shot13183.png

shot13184.png

Last edited:
Yeah, I downloaded the SDK on Aug 5th and have spent alot of hours on it since. I don't have a set company to work for, just whoever will take me in and pay me in return. I'm willing to work everyday of the week and put in alot of hours and willingness to learn and adjust to meet anyones demands. Any ideas on where to start? I've been into comic art most of my life and web design, but I always wanted to be in the video game industry...

Upvote 0
there was a problem uploading a file texture tlabcomp - loops and then the error. Isparvte please the rest of the content is loaded. Not only is checked HybzStatic.usx

Loading problems without
[Cache]
KF-Lockdown.rom
Timb.utx
props.usx
DOTZTObjects.utx
DOTZTIndustrial.utx
DOTZTWeapons.utx
DOTZTBuildings.utx
DOTZTCubeMaps.utx
DOTZTVehicles.utx
DOTZTLandscape.utx
Zo_Skies.utx
STV2.utx

:confused:
Problem: Loading from a mirror and then quickly re-starts to pump slowly and at the end gives error

p.s

Last edited:
Upvote 0
there was a problem uploading a file texture tlabcomp - loops and then the error. Isparvte please the rest of the content is loaded. Not only is checked HybzStatic.usx

Loading problems without
[Cache]
KF-Lockdown.rom
Timb.utx
props.usx
DOTZTObjects.utx
DOTZTIndustrial.utx
DOTZTWeapons.utx
DOTZTBuildings.utx
DOTZTCubeMaps.utx
DOTZTVehicles.utx
DOTZTLandscape.utx
Zo_Skies.utx
STV2.utx

:confused:
Problem: Loading from a mirror and then quickly re-starts to pump slowly and at the end gives error

p.s

I will take a look at it. First time ever running a server also, but for now, u can download the textures and static mesh from the download link provided in the post.

Upvote 0
Well I was writing about my redirect, so it seems that the problem is this file, no bad uz2 conversion, so if you remade uncompressed one could U webhost it somewhere out of full mappack?

Well, I'm trying to eliminate the texture out of the map altogether, hopefully I can find the last little place its hiding and convert it to another texture.

Upvote 0
It's rebuilding right now so I can't check what it's called exactly atm, but in the Texturebrowser there is a selfexplanatory "Replace Texture" option. Just use that to get rid of it.

ok thanks man, didn't know that. Lol, I've been spending the past couple hours trying to find where it is and now I'll just do that and have the new map and updated package here in a jiffy.

Ok, got it fixed, no more downloading tlabcomp.utx! Hopefully everyone will actually get a chance to get in on some games now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No sweat man :cool:
When he do his job, I'll replace the whole pack at my site, so those links from my post will have the latest (hopefully right) version of it :D

I apologize for not uploading it yesterday, I worked real late and we're a week out from deployment so I've been real busy. We should be off early today and uploading the new zipped file will be first on my list when I get home. It's really not a new version of the map, just got rid of the texture "tlabcomp" that was hiding in a few places on the map. Like I said before, I'll upload the updated Lockdown.rom file with the all the textures and static mesh shortly here today.

Upvote 0