• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design How do you Trigger Landmines - domant/live

to get the above features working i've been trying to get landmines hardattached to movers so that they are hidden out of the way and then at the flick of a switch the mover will move the mines into a live position.

i've been reading up about setbase on this page LINK and i just don't get it.

is setbase an actor that i have to set up seperately? or is it an option somewhere in other actors?

any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Upvote 0
to get the above features working i've been trying to get landmines hardattached to movers so that they are hidden out of the way and then at the flick of a switch the mover will move the mines into a live position.

i've been reading up about setbase on this page LINK and i just don't get it.

is setbase an actor that i have to set up seperately? or is it an option somewhere in other actors?

any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Here's how:

1/ Get a landmine + emitter, which I suppose you already have? If not, copy and paste from KF-Gothic to your map. (I got them from someone else's map, sorry, I don't recall which)

2/ Place your mover and do the move thing, from - to.

3/ Give the mover a tag. (event > event > tag, eg:MoveMines) Then, in both the emitter and the mine, Movement > AttachTag : MoveMines.

4/ Get a trigger and make its event > event: MoveMines.

I just tried it, boom - man, that's a nice idea! :D I hope you won't get pissy if I use it to0??

Upvote 0
thank you for the reply. i'll have to try it out later.

no i haven't actually got an emitter with the landmine since one isn't used.

i've spend ages researching into where i could find an actor called "setbase" but couldn't find anything.

nah of course you can use the idea. just make good use of it rather than it just being a gimmik

Last edited:
Upvote 0