• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design arramus' tutorial for spawning

Saying it's vague where it really matters is a little...vague.

Where exactly does it really matter, or at which point are you getting lost?

This tutorial was written for Star Wars Republic Commando and I haven't tested it for KF. KF has the requisite Actors under NavigationPoint > SmallNavigationPoint > PlayerStart > TriggeredPlayerStart and there are a number of base triggers you can try.

Upvote 0
Try 2 TriggeredPlayerStart spawn points for starters

SPAWN ACTORS
---------------

Add TriggeredPlayerStart1 to Tag of 1st Spawn Point TriggeredPlayerStart.
Set PlayerStart > bEnabled > True (This Spawn Point is Active)

Add TriggeredPlayerStart2 to Tag of 2nd Spawn Point TriggeredPlayerStart.
Set PlayerStart > bEnabled > False (This Spawn Point is Hibernating)

TRIGGERS
---------

Place 2 Trigger Actors just in front of TriggeredPlayerStart2.

#1 Trigger Event > TriggeredPlayerStart1 (Puts 1st Spawn Point into Hibernation)
#2 Trigger Event > TriggeredPlayerStart2 (Activated 2nd Spawn Point)

Ensure the triggers are at a bottleneck so a player has to run through their collision radius.

KF has a [KFmod.KFGameType] > MaxLives= variable. I don't know if this works in game as on your own the regular 'Squad Wiped Out' message will appear after you die. Maybe this will function with more than one player and allow you to test the sequential spawn feature. For SP, it looks like you'll need to override the 'Squad Wiped Out' feature.

We can test it together to see if the max lives setting is functioning while other squad members remain.

I've added a map attachment with the above Actors incorporated.

Last edited:
Upvote 0