Tripwire Interactive Forums

Go Back   Tripwire Interactive Forums > Killing Floor Forums > Killing Floor Modifications > General Modding Discussion

Reply
Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.  
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-02-2009, 08:52 AM
braindead's Avatar
braindead braindead is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Merry Ol' England
Posts: 917
Default BDVehicles on the way

Hey all

Thanks to theBlackCheetah for getting the code in game, I have so far modded the Police Car to be a driveable and have also created some driving animations (work in progress)

Edit...

Release info:

You can download version v1.001 from ModDb here:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/killing-fl...-mod/downloads

Information for running on servers.

If you are running this mod with serverperks v5.50 (downloadable here http://forums.tripwireinteractive.co...ad.php?t=36065) you do not need the V1.1 Patch installed as, Marco has included the fix within serverperks. (Big thank you Marco)

However, if you would like to run this without serverperks, also download and install the v1.1 patch and change the mutator line in your server command to read

KF_Vehicles_BD_Patch.VehicleGameMut

Enjoy!


I will continue to mod the rest of the vehicles (taxi, bus, ambulance and tractor) so it looks a more realistic setting than the UT4K vehicles.








Last edited by braindead; 05-09-2012 at 05:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  Click here to go to the next developer post in this thread.   #2  
Old 09-02-2009, 02:56 PM
Yoshiro's Avatar
Yoshiro Yoshiro is offline
In Soviet Russia, Yoshiro is a cake
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 9,805
Default

First few posts of a new poster are moderated until checked out by a forum mod. You should be in the clear now.

On that note, see if somebody will model you a landrover
__________________

Pretty, what do we blow up first? - Myn Donos
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-03-2009, 10:37 AM
mamoo's Avatar
mamoo mamoo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Sussex, England
Posts: 2,466
Default

Looks like fun! (I can't realy comment about the 2k4 vehicles cos I couldn't get it to work)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-03-2009, 12:47 PM
arramus's Avatar
arramus arramus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Residing in Japan
Posts: 1,140
Default

Good on you braindead.

I hope we can see an off road vehicle of some description for sand dunes.



Maybe the tractor will give it that Mad Max feel...
__________________
Killing Floor Vehicle Mod at moddb
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-03-2009, 03:01 PM
xjames0x's Avatar
xjames0x xjames0x is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Droitwich, England
Posts: 354
Default

Nice. Request- Mini cooper.
__________________
KF-ForgottenSecretsV2 <----Latest map
TheLastStandV2 <---- Fun Map :P
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-03-2009, 04:01 PM
mamoo's Avatar
mamoo mamoo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Sussex, England
Posts: 2,466
Default

Will you convert all the vehicles seen in KF? I.E. The truck, the caterpillar tractor in Farm, umm... maybe the chopper you get dropped off in?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-03-2009, 06:35 PM
The_Sorrow's Avatar
The_Sorrow The_Sorrow is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
Hey all

Thanks to theBlackCheetah for getting the code in game, I have so far modded the Police Car to be a driveable and have also created some driving animations (work in progress)

I will continue to mod the rest of the vehicles (taxi, bus, ambulance and tractor) so it looks a more realistic setting than the UT4K vehicles.









note. this is my 4th attempt at posting something on the forums, so I hope it posts, TWI do not seem to want me to show you these ;S
This mod is awesome I had the exact same idea of making the non working west london vehicles work but I didn't know how & all the other non working vehicles nice work

I'm working on a new vehicle mesh at the moment so if I get around to finishing it would you be inclined to make it work ???

I know how to animate but the program I use is screwing up + I don't know what the animations need to be called but I'm learning ;P
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-03-2009, 07:13 PM
braindead's Avatar
braindead braindead is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Merry Ol' England
Posts: 917
Default

Just started modelling a Land Rover

Yes, all of the non working vehicles will be made driveable, including the helicopter and London double decker (hopefully you will be able to get and board and shoot from the windows).

Mini-cooper, mmmmm that sounds awesome.

@Sorrow, if you make the mesh, I will get it in game no problem.

All we have to do now is start to make some fitting maps, so vehicles can be realistic.

I am going to need to speak to someone at TWI at some point to see if they will be able to upload my driving animations and release them as a global update, because it needs to be appended to the main character animation for it to work, wish me luck guys.

Thanks for the keen interest people
Reply With Quote
  Click here to go to the next developer post in this thread.   #9  
Old 09-03-2009, 09:06 PM
Yoshiro's Avatar
Yoshiro Yoshiro is offline
In Soviet Russia, Yoshiro is a cake
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 9,805
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
Just started modelling a Land Rover

Yes, all of the non working vehicles will be made driveable, including the helicopter and London double decker (hopefully you will be able to get and board and shoot from the windows).

Mini-cooper, mmmmm that sounds awesome.

@Sorrow, if you make the mesh, I will get it in game no problem.

All we have to do now is start to make some fitting maps, so vehicles can be realistic.

I am going to need to speak to someone at TWI at some point to see if they will be able to upload my driving animations and release them as a global update, because it needs to be appended to the main character animation for it to work, wish me luck guys.

Thanks for the keen interest people
I'll ask the art team about it.
__________________

Pretty, what do we blow up first? - Myn Donos
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-03-2009, 09:23 PM
Britney Federline's Avatar
Britney Federline Britney Federline is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,174
Default

I would pay big $ to have a Stig avatar as downloadable content!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-03-2009, 10:52 PM
braindead's Avatar
braindead braindead is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Merry Ol' England
Posts: 917
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshiro View Post
I'll ask the art team about it.
Thank you loads in advance Yoshi, that would be awesome
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-04-2009, 06:41 AM
Wolfdust's Avatar
Wolfdust Wolfdust is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 236
Default

Pretty sweet. It'd be nice to see this released. A variant of the hilarity that was BC's work that is a bit more serious.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-04-2009, 08:24 AM
The_Sorrow's Avatar
The_Sorrow The_Sorrow is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 799
Default

I have a question are you going to make the vehicles HeadLights work ??? & you said you are animating them so are you putting the hands on the steering wheel & animating them for FPS & 3PS view???
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-04-2009, 09:24 AM
braindead's Avatar
braindead braindead is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Merry Ol' England
Posts: 917
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Sorrow View Post
I have a question are you going to make the vehicles HeadLights work ??? & you said you are animating them so are you putting the hands on the steering wheel & animating them for FPS & 3PS view???
The vehicles will have headlights.

Animation wise, the driver is going to be static but his head will turn as in standard UT2004 modes.
I have thought about a 1st person view but unsure whether this will become a reality, I apologise now if it doesn't. But I do have all of the scripts for mods such as Road Kill Warriors and such, so I may be able to do it.

Speaking of RKW, I have asked the lead developer if we can use the vehcile meshes from their 2004 mod, being as it is no longer active (they have switched to Crysis), so we may have some armegeddon type vehicles in the mix as well but I will keep them as realistic as possible.

I am waiting to hear back from him and I will not use them untill I get confirmation that it is ok.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-04-2009, 09:36 AM
The_Sorrow's Avatar
The_Sorrow The_Sorrow is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
The vehicles will have headlights.

Animation wise, the driver is going to be static but his head will turn as in standard UT2004 modes.
I have thought about a 1st person view but unsure whether this will become a reality, I apologise now if it doesn't. But I do have all of the scripts for mods such as Road Kill Warriors and such, so I may be able to do it.

Speaking of RKW, I have asked the lead developer if we can use the vehcile meshes from their 2004 mod, being as it is no longer active (they have switched to Crysis), so we may have some armegeddon type vehicles in the mix as well but I will keep them as realistic as possible.

I am waiting to hear back from him and I will not use them untill I get confirmation that it is ok.
So do you have the hands for the animations??? because I've been looking all around for them & I can't seem to find them but I need them because I am going to make weapons because I have a whole bunch of meshes + animating skills so I need the hands so I can finish them
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-04-2009, 10:56 AM
braindead's Avatar
braindead braindead is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Merry Ol' England
Posts: 917
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Sorrow View Post
So do you have the hands for the animations??? because I've been looking all around for them & I can't seem to find them but I need them because I am going to make weapons because I have a whole bunch of meshes + animating skills so I need the hands so I can finish them
I have the full body animations but have not extracted the hands yet. From looking at every other driving mod for UT2004, the hands never show, including RO, which is why I am a little hesitant to make this a 1st person mod. Personally I think it looks silly with the steering wheel with no hands and I always end up going into 3rd person mode.

Umodel will help you extract the hands if you want to make your own weapons and such.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-04-2009, 04:43 PM
mamoo's Avatar
mamoo mamoo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Sussex, England
Posts: 2,466
Default

I may make a map similar to the Mariokart GBA track 'Bowser castle 3'
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-05-2009, 12:24 PM
braindead's Avatar
braindead braindead is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Merry Ol' England
Posts: 917
Default

Mamoo, that would be awesome, it would have a sort of Carmeggedon feel to it.

Update:

I have headlights and brake lights working now, which has taken me 2 days of reverse engineering the code, being as the TWI guys took it out of the RO Vehicle code (Coding is not my strongest point ), man that was hard work but worth it.

More to come
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-05-2009, 02:26 PM
Extreme_One's Avatar
Extreme_One Extreme_One is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 136
Default

I can't wait to see how all this works out.

I hope we can get servers up with redirects to push the relevant content ...
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-05-2009, 04:49 PM
shocktrooper114's Avatar
shocktrooper114 shocktrooper114 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 127
Default

and i say it again.....braindead your work is awesome!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2014, Tripwire Interactive, LLC