• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ralfst3r

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
The Netherlands
Add rain. Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway did it pretty nice. It had 'rainy running water' textures and all. You would see rain dripping down the walls and stuff. Would be nice if you could apply the same to 1st person weapon models. I've seen it in Call of Juarez Bound in Blood, but I dont think that's on Unreal Engine 3.

Last edited:
The wet and muddy uniforms in HH did look great, made the Black Friday (i believe it was) mission really immersive.
Just imagine what it would look like if you shoot a German or Russian soldier who slides back into a water-filled crater up to the waist, soaking up rain with a visibly wet uniform.
And now some more imagination, blood flowing into the water.

Upvote 0
I just hope the wet uniforms won't look too shiny.

Why do I think of rolled up sleeves here?;)

germannaziscommandolikewt1.jpg

Upvote 0
What I'd really like in terms of rain is for it to effect how troops and vehicles move on surfaces.

Dry earth becomes a muddy field (harder to run through). Vehicles have less handling on wet roads etc. Artillery chews up wet ground easier than dry.

This would actually give tracked vehicles an advantage (as in real life), and it would allow more variety and replay within maps.

A map without rain could play completely differently than the same map with rain, with different tactics being needed.

Upvote 0