• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

We Choose The Moon

The tech they worked with to reach the moon is just insane. It's sad that with todays technology there is so little enthusiasm for a second manned mission to the moon or even mars. Obviously the economy and other issues hamper it but still...

we got no real benefit from it, we just know we can do it if we want but we dont need to do it, at least until they make teleportation technology, which I don't think i would use, i dont like the idea of being disintegrated and reintegrated somewhere else while my particles fly through some kind of wormhole hell and end up fused with some horrible crap on the other side...

Upvote 0
The tech they worked with to reach the moon is just insane. It's sad that with todays technology there is so little enthusiasm for a second manned mission to the moon or even mars. Obviously the economy and other issues hamper it but still...

Agreed, it seems like the excitement of space exploration died down in 90's with the economy changing and the "competitor" of USA disappearing . . . Space Shuttles are to be retired in 2010(with no replacement), and International Space Station will be abandoned and deorbited in 2015. 3 years after completion.

Though, NASA has plans for a moon landing in the range of 2020-2040. With the introduction of Atlas rockets(one of them has more than double thrust of Saturn V) in the Orion project.

The only way I see the excitement return is for economical reasons. For example mining on the moon (helium 3 is very attractive) in current state.

Last edited:
Upvote 0