• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server (Error) CheckConnectionQueue: Failed to accept queued connection: 24

Arky

Jul 4, 2009
Greetings, i'm wondering if anyone else encountered this error yet?
Sometimes, pretty randomly so far, the server goes nuts and starts spamming the mentioned line.
All i could find with the help of the search tool and google was references to the exact same problem in Red Orchestra. (mentioned topic here)
Is there any way to solve it, or i have to wait for a new release?

(As asked multiple times in that topic, i want to make sure its answered here: i'm not using any mutators. It's a linux server, with the latest version.)

Any kind of input is welcome, if there is a solution, please point me there and delete this topic =(

I just got it, I lost the perks tab, can't select a perk and the server log is filled with that error.
It must be something in the latest update as i never had it before and we have our server for almost 3 months now.
Just noticed the exact same thing, new connections after this error encounter a steam error message and are unable choose perks.
(The guy getting the error didn't tell me what is it exactly)

I'm not exactly sure what's causing it yet, but so far i noticed it by seeing the webadmin dead. It might be connected.. no idea.
(Running Ubuntu server 2.6.28-13 myself)

Also got something new, a server crash tonight, here is the stuff from the log:
Error said:
Missing Class Class Editor.TransBuffer
Browse: KF-Manor.rom?Name=KFPlayer?Class=Engine.Pawn?Character=Corporal_Lewis?team=1?Sex=M?game=KFmod.KFGameType?VACSecured=true?MaxPlayers=6
Collecting garbage
Purging garbage
Garbage: objects: 55869->55847; refs: 750338
Game class is 'KFGameType'
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; unable to update local steamclient. Continuing with current version anyway.
STEAMAUTH : Steam auth system activation successful
Bringing Level KF-Manor.myLevel up for play (30) appSeconds: 8.183854...
(Karma): StaticMesh (HW_Plane) with empty Karma KAggregateGeometry.
Loading Admins & Groups
Kick and Ban Privileges Loaded
Maps & Game Privileges Loaded
Admins & Groups Management Loaded
Extra Privileges Loaded
GameInfo::InitGame : bEnableStatLogging False
KFLRules = KF-Manor.KFLevelRules1
Game length = 2
UdpServerQuery(crt): Port 7717 successfully bound.
Resolving master0.gamespy.com...
MasterServerUplink: MasterServerGameStats not found - stats uploading disabled.
Defaulting to false
Defaulting to false
Loading Available Maps
Loading Game Types
XWebAdmin.UTServerAdmin Initialized on port 8075
[~] ServerAdsSE WebAdmin loaded
Signal: SIGSEGV [segmentation fault]
Aborting.

Crash information will be saved to your logfile.

Developer Backtrace:
[ 1] ./ucc-bin-real [0x868c807]
[ 2] [0xb8089400]
[ 3] ./ucc-bin-real [0x8051bef]
[ 4] ./ucc-bin-real [0x8612e66]
[ 5] ./ucc-bin-real [0x864aaa3]
[ 6] ./ucc-bin-real [0x8653668]
[ 7] ./ucc-bin-real [0x8604afa]
[ 8] ./ucc-bin-real [0x860b703]
[ 9] ./ucc-bin-real [0x85efa64]
[10] ./ucc-bin-real [0x85f00a1]
[11] ./ucc-bin-real [0x85ef615]
[12] ./ucc-bin-real [0x8604605]
[13] ./ucc-bin-real [0x860bacb]
[14] ./ucc-bin-real [0x85efa26]
[15] ./ucc-bin-real [0x85ee333]
[16] ./ucc-bin-real [0x8604605]
[17] ./ucc-bin-real [0x860bacb]
[18] ./ucc-bin-real [0x85efa26]
[19] ./ucc-bin-real [0x85ef975]
[20] ./ucc-bin-real [0x8604605]
[21] ./ucc-bin-real [0x860bacb]
[22] ./ucc-bin-real [0x85efa26]
[23] ./ucc-bin-real [0x8604605]
[24] ./ucc-bin-real [0x860bacb]
[25] ./ucc-bin-real [0x85efa26]
[26] ./ucc-bin-real [0x85ef975]
[27] ./ucc-bin-real [0x8604605]
[28] ./ucc-bin-real [0x860bacb]
[29] ./ucc-bin-real [0x85efa64]
[30] ./ucc-bin-real [0x8604671]
[31] ./ucc-bin-real [0x860bacb]
[32] ./ucc-bin-real [0x85efa26]
[33] ./ucc-bin-real [0x85ef615]
[34] ./ucc-bin-real [0x8604605]
[35] ./ucc-bin-real [0x860b39c]
[36] ./ucc-bin-real [0x81c399a]
[37] ./ucc-bin-real [0x81a72d1]
[38] ./ucc-bin-real [0x81a1442]
[39] ./ucc-bin-real [0x81613a3]
[40] ./ucc-bin-real [0x804da55]
[41] /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xe5) [0xb7de1775]
[42] ./ucc-bin-real [0x804b0b1]
Unreal Call Stack: FArchiveFileReader::Seek <- LoadObject <- ULinkerLoad::preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- UObject::execClassContext <- UObject::processEvent <- BeginPlay <- UGameEngine::LoadMap <- LocalMapURL <- UGameEngine::Browse <- UGameEngine::Init <- UServerCommandlet::Main
Exiting.
FileManager: Reading 0 GByte 118 MByte 974 KByte 732 Bytes from HD took 0.924273 seconds (0.354487 reading, 0.569786 seeking).
FileManager: 0.000000 seconds spent with misc. duties
Name subsystem shut down
Allocation checking disabled

(This is a one-time thing so far)

Upvote 0
Just got it again after about 24 hours from server restart.
It seems that there is a leak in the one of the recent updates, not closing socket or file handles and causing the server to run out of socket or file handles.
I assume this is the problem because i looked up about errno 24 and it means too many open files.
I hope tripwire is looking into this, i can't reboot the game server every 24 hours.
It seems to only affect linux servers, and i believe most killing floor servers are being run on windows servers so this isn't noticeable bug because it affects only about 20-40% of the servers.

Linux server owners, if you notice webadmin doesn't work or other strange issues such as perks missing, in console type tail -f server.log

If you see the error above, you are suffering from the same problem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was right, the server process does indeed not close file handles.
How to monitor the open files count of your KF server:
ps ax | grep ucc-bin
ls /proc/<PID>/fd | wc -w

It will show you the open files count the process uses, for me, the number just keeps increasing, it's now at 222, in one hour it will probably be around 250-300.
I temporarily increased the open files limit system wide using ulimit -n 4096 from default 1024. should give me more time before i will need to kill the process and restart it but this is just a small workaround.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The only reason that we had not previously responded to this was that we assumed it to only be happening to servers with more than 6 Max Players. This being an unsupported setting, we were not concerned. It seems, though, that that is not the case? Linux servers with a Max Players of 6 or less are having this issue as well?

Oh, BTW, we test every release, but no amount of testing could ever possibly catch everything, which is why we continually put out updates to keep things running as smoothly as possible. Tripwire has a reputation for supporting its games beyond the typical amount of support from most game companies, so we'd appreciate a little understanding and patience if we do not immediately fix your particular issue.

Upvote 0
The only reason that we had not previously responded to this was that we assumed it to only be happening to servers with more than 6 Max Players. This being an unsupported setting, we were not concerned. It seems, though, that that is not the case? Linux servers with a Max Players of 6 or less are having this issue as well?

Oh, BTW, we test every release, but no amount of testing could ever possibly catch everything, which is why we continually put out updates to keep things running as smoothly as possible. Tripwire has a reputation for supporting its games beyond the typical amount of support from most game companies, so we'd appreciate a little understanding and patience if we do not immediately fix your particular issue.
As you can see from the log i posted, i'm running a 6 player server myself.
("KFmod.KFGameTyp e?VACSecured=true?MaxPlayers=6")

Upvote 0

Yep, my server is max. 6 players and I have a similar problem.
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=34690

Upvote 0
Well I don't know what is happening now, server now doesn't go into error 24, but after some time it works correctly, a map is voted it just restarts or goes to another not voted map - besides disconnects players, so we need reconnecting (just like by restarting server). Those maps worked perfectly before, so no map-crashes possible... Have no log because it is overwritten by this event...Help?

Upvote 0