• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Event-Based Triggers, specular, enable/disable spawn volumes?

yahodahan

Jul 7, 2009
Hi all, great to see the community here! I'm looking for some answers to several questions, those being:

1) Is it possible to make "event-based triggers?". For example, a trigger that would fire when wave 1 completed, then a different trigger would go off when wave 2 completed, etc.

I assume there must be built-in triggers for this in the code (for the trader to say "come and get it!" etc at the right time). However, can I set this type of trigger up in the editor?

2) How are Specular Maps implemented in the engine? I have lots of experience with Unreal 3, but never used UT2004 much. A quick, basic explanation would be plenty, thanks!

3) Lastly, is there a way to arbitrarily enable/disable zombie spawn volumes? I would like for only certain volumes to be active during certain waves. The "triggering-on-wave-event" ties in to this, of course... :)

Thanks all!