• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor Critical Error HELP!

SpartanGhost

May 24, 2009
Starting today, whenever I try to open Killing Floor, I ge tht efollowing error message:

"InPos>Size in FFileManagerWindows. this error is probably due to either your computer overheating, or a corrupted installation of the game. If this error continues, please try reinstalling the game."

My computer's heat is fine. I just tried uninstalling and reinstalling on steam, but same thing.

Help desperately needed please.

Would help if you could post your system specs. Specifically your cpu and gfx card.

Also you say your heat is fine, would be helpful if you could post resting / working rates for your cpu and gpu temp, just to clarify.

Overheating *generally* just causes graphical anomalys and severe framerate slowdowns, but it could be causing the crash. It's always worth checking your fan and heatsyncs on your cpu and gfx card for dust etc, also your case fans if you have any.

Upvote 0
Would help if you could post your system specs. Specifically your cpu and gfx card.

Also you say your heat is fine, would be helpful if you could post resting / working rates for your cpu and gpu temp, just to clarify.

Overheating *generally* just causes graphical anomalys and severe framerate slowdowns, but it could be causing the crash. It's always worth checking your fan and heatsyncs on your cpu and gfx card for dust etc, also your case fans if you have any.

I have a Q6600 2.4 Ghz and a GTX 260 with 2 GB RAM.

My video card hovers around 48 C resting, and doesn't really ever get higher than 60 C, which is perfectly fine. My CPU has never gotten higher then 35 C, currently it is at 27 C.

I highly doubt overheating is causing this, as these temperatures are perfectly normal, and I've been running this game and many others maxed out for a long time now. I just opened Crysis and was running that while waiting for a reply, and it runs perfectly fine.

What else could be causing this?

Upvote 0
Starting today, whenever I try to open Killing Floor, I ge tht efollowing error message:

"InPos>Size in FFileManagerWindows. this error is probably due to either your computer overheating, or a corrupted installation of the game. If this error continues, please try reinstalling the game."

My computer's heat is fine. I just tried uninstalling and reinstalling on steam, but same thing.

Help desperately needed please.

Try these resolutions (virus scanner can be the bad boy on this one)
http://www.killingfloor411.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2625#post2625

Upvote 0
Ok, since it takes forever for the mods to ok any quote reply, I'll jsut type it again.

It's saying I have to login to see the resolutions.

Would you kindly copy and paste them here?

I just tried that link, but yeah it needs a login.

I assume from his post it's in re: of virus blockers, try disabling whatever you have one when you run KF, Norton for example and all the rest.

Upvote 0
I am getting Malloc error everytime I try to launch the game. This happened after the update was installed. I have tried installing and and reinstalling the game, deleting the ini file as mentioned and I have updated my video drivers. I get this error when I launch the game.
---------------------------------------------------
Build KillingFloor_Build_[2009-02-09_10.82]
CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 3004 MHz with 2045MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+ (8585)
Failed to enter : Can't find file ''
History: UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free
--------------------------------------------------------
Here is the LOG file:

Log: Log file open, 05/24/09 23:19:37
Init: Name subsystem initialized
Init: Detected: Microsoft Windows NT 6.0 (Build: 6001)
Init: Version: 3339 (128.29)
Init: Compiled: May 19 2009 17:49:57
Init: Command line:
Init: Character set: Unicode
Init: Base directory: c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor\System\
Init: Ini:KillingFloor.ini UserIni:User.ini
Init: Build label: Build KillingFloor_Build_[2009-02-09_10.82]
Init: Object subsystem initialized
Localization: No localization: KillingFloor.General.Start (int)
Log: nvd3dum.dll/NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+
Log: Game class is 'GameInfo'
Log: Bringing Level Entry.myLevel up for play (0) appSeconds: 3.620000...
ScriptLog: GameInfo::InitGame : bEnableStatLogging False
Log: Browse: ?Name=Terrorist_IRL?Class=Engine.Pawn?Character=Corporal_Lewis?team=1?Sex=M
Warning: Failed to load '': Can't find file ''
Warning: Failed to load 'Level None.MyLevel': Can't find file ''
Critical: Failed to enter : Can't find file ''
Critical: Windows GetLastError: The system cannot find the path specified. (3)
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Exit: Executing UWindowsClient::ShutdownAfterError
Critical: UGameEngine::Init
Critical: InitEngine
Critical: FMallocWindows::Free
Critical: FMallocWindows::Free
Localization: No localization: Window.IDDIALOG_CrashBox.IDC_CrashBox (int)
Exit: Exiting.
Log: FileManager: Reading 0 GByte 29 MByte 863 KByte 58 Bytes from HD took 0.260000 seconds (0.218000 reading, 0.042000 seeking).
Log: FileManager: 0.009000 seconds spent with misc. duties
Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
Uninitialized: Log file closed, 05/24/09 23:19:53

Upvote 0
Well, I fixed it. I double checked the .log file (the first time I checked it yesterday, nothing was there.)

So as I was looking through it, I saw everything was fine until it tried to export a map I had downloaded. What's weird is that I had successfully loaded and played the map a few times before that, so I have no clue why it just stopped working.

Map was KF-Marshes for anyone else who is getting the same problems.

Thanks to all who helped.

Upvote 0

Killing Floor Errors:
Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]
CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2389 MHz with 510MB RAM
Video: RADEON X800 Series (6869)
CreateVertexBuffer failed(D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY).
History: FD3D9VertexStream::Cache <- FD3D9RenderInterface::SetVertexStreams <- USkeletalMeshInstance::Render <- FDynamicActor::Render <- FActorSceneNode::Render <- UCanvas::DrawActor <- UCanvas::execDrawActor <- (Bullpup KF-BioticsLab.Bullpup @ Function KFmod.KFWeapon.RenderOverlays : 0101) <- UObject::processEvent <- (HUDKillingFloor KF-BioticsLab.HUDKillingFloor, Function Engine.HUD.PostRenderActors) <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level KF-BioticsLab <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

This is an error I'm having whenever I get to rounds 3-5. The game freezes, the crosshair moves freely, but the gun doesn't, let alone anything else. Can someone please help, I really wanna play this game! :)

Upvote 0
Old thread, but in case anyone hits it in google like I did; the error:

Is generally because one or more files are invalid/corrupted. I downloaded some custom maps to the kf/Maps directory of a dedicated server and this error started showing during startup. After removing the map files, the error went away and the server started normally.

Whoever wrote this error needs to seriously reconsider their career in programming though. How about providing the full path to the file that was being read when the error occurred instead of postulating wild hypotheses like "your computer is overheating"... This error may as well read "Random Error: Possibly the laws of physics have changed today or God just doesn't like you." because that would be about as useful as the information it provides at the moment.

On error => provide as much debugging information as possible and/or full stack trace. Thank you. (Probably Epic that are at fault here within Unreal Engine not Tripwire.)

Upvote 0