Tripwire Interactive Forums

Go Back   Tripwire Interactive Forums > Red Orchestra 2 / Rising Storm Forums > RO2/RS Modifications > General Modding Discussion

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.  
Old 03-27-2012, 06:34 PM

No communication or updates for months and a couple of posts saying people are needed - assume this is dead then? Hope not, real pity.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:41 PM

I am the Lead Historical Researcher for Iron Europe and I (along with the help of a few others) researched the entire mod, found all the necessary historical information and details to make life easier for the Modellers and Texturers etc., etc. (including the uniforms, equipment, the trenches, and even the average height and ages of the soldiers).

I even did Double Duty and researched all of the Maps and drew some Sketch Maps of them by hand.

So, in essence, it's all there.

Everything about WWI is there waiting to be modded.

The trouble is a lot of the other Modders cannot work on the mod (due to school or other demands of life) or they simply don't want to invest the time and work on the Mod.

I really did my absolute best helping out with this modding project and spent a lot of time on it; however, I feel donked over to a certain degree because the person who founded this mod, CrazyThumbs, invited me to work on this mod years ago, said he was going make some basic static meshes and draw some of the Sketch maps but then said he was busy with college and he'd work on them sometime later and he would just administer the forum (which he did). Then, this past winter, after graduating from college, and after several months of silence, he announced that he had left the Iron Europe modding project.

Quote:
Vapid wrote:

No communication or updates for months and a couple of posts saying people are needed - assume this is dead then? Hope not, real pity.

Iron Europe Mod is not dead.

But we need some Modellers, Texturers, and other folks with the necessary skills to help out and join the Team and then we can reorganize.

We also need someone who could help out with designing the forum and hopefully give the forum a newer look.

http://www.ironeuropegame.com/forum/index.php

Last edited by Gamburd; 04-11-2012 at 07:08 PM.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:34 AM

Thanks for the heads-up... any chance of knowing what has been completed? We've seen a few weapon and grenade models but are any maps playable? If it's just a case of more or less nothing has been done and the staff have disappeared then I think you should have this thread locked because it's just idle speculation (of which I am guilty) and there's no way you can do all this sort of stuff on your own. I'm sorry you've been put in this situation as well.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:19 AM

Looks absolutely incredible, and the sound design, phenomenal.

When can we get some gameplay?
Old 04-06-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
When can we get some gameplay?
Never, going by Gamburd's response.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:26 AM

It's a shame but hopefully someone will step up and take over. Also those who are leaving will hopefully transfer ownership over to the those who want to continue.

It's worth sticking with it after so long. You'll probably be going through the same thing we did when we switched from Burning Sands to Mare Nostrum and a lot of what we originally made had to be re done or left out.

Anyway, stating the obvious but go through what you've got, be ruthless in deciding what's good enough to keep and what's not and make a list of realistic and achievable targets. See who is still committed and remove those who aren't and then re-launch either with a new website or show off some things that haven't been seen before and try and get some new people in

Good luck and I'm sure there will be some people in the community willing to help out if you need it as we all want Iron Europe to continue

Eternity in the company of Beelzebub, and all his hellish instruments of death, will be a picnic compared to five minutes with me... and this pencil.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:29 PM

Hopefully, some Modellers and Texturers will join Iron Europe soon.

Like I said, all the research is there and has been done.

The time period we are covering (as of today, roughly 1914-1915) didn't have any tanks; not too many vehicles were used either.

We just need the Character models completed (1914-1915 British, Scottish, and German), some basic trench static meshes, and if we make the town map, some basic furnishing static meshes, buildings, and a Mining Tower as a background mesh.

Then map the maps and a Coder to code everything.

We're going to cut the single 1916 map and all the 1916 Character Models because that was solely CrazyThumbs' idea and as I stated, he left.

If we ever made an Update, we would probably have some 1916-1917 maps.

Now, we just need some people with Modelling and Texturing skills to help get the Iron Europe Mod done.

I'm not the only person left modding Iron Europe; there are several other people on our Modding Team, but we need people with modelling and texturing skills to join our mod.

Last edited by Gamburd; 04-11-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:56 AM

You should try to post around game dev forums to recruit new people. Polycount has a subforum dedicated to this as does gamedev.net

Good luck with your mod, we need a good WW1 mod
Old 04-13-2012, 01:24 PM
Break Blocks Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamburd View Post
Hopefully, some Modellers and Texturers will join Iron Europe soon.

Like I said, all the research is there and has been done.

The time period we are covering (as of today, roughly 1914-1915) didn't have any tanks; not too many vehicles were used either.

We just need the Character models completed (1914-1915 British, Scottish, and German), some basic trench static meshes, and if we make the town map, some basic furnishing static meshes, buildings, and a Mining Tower as a background mesh.

Then map the maps and a Coder to code everything.

We're going to cut the single 1916 map and all the 1916 Character Models because that was solely CrazyThumbs' idea and as I stated, he left.

If we ever made an Update, we would probably have some 1916-1917 maps.

Now, we just need some people with Modelling and Texturing skills to help get the Iron Europe Mod done.

I'm not the only person left modding Iron Europe; there are several other people on our Modding Team, but we need people with modelling and texturing skills to join our mod.

I sent a few PMs to Kettch. I should be able to start working on some meshes as soon as the semester ends (4 weeks) or maybe sooner. Send me a PM with stuff to model and I'll see what I can do. Kettch told to work on anything I thought would be useful but I don''t want to work on something that wouldn't be useful for your mod.

Cheers,
Oliver
Old 04-14-2012, 03:21 PM

Oliver, do you want to maybe make some wooden crates, 18 Pounder shell, or medical supplies? Like these

Vintage WWI British Milk Crate:

Something for the tea:

This looks like the bottom:

HP Sauce Crate:
Top:

Side: HP

Bottom: Expeditionary Force Canteen: EFC

Unfortunately, my computer just died, so I won't be online too much until I buy another one, which won't be for another two months or so.

Last edited by Gamburd; 04-14-2012 at 03:43 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:26 PM

Ridgways Tea Crate (very faint):

Ridgways Tea: Green Club symbol:

Crate addressed to British officer:

1916 Bully Beef Crate:

18 pounder artillery shell box

18 pounder shell mark; made June 13th, 1905:

Last edited by Gamburd; 04-14-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:37 PM

Original medical bag:

Original medical bag, inside:

Reproduction British medical bag:

Syringe:

Last edited by Gamburd; 04-14-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:23 PM

nice collection

Developers, if you need special example pictures you can just ask me, I live near Ypres and there are plenty of museas where I can go and look
Old 05-17-2012, 08:37 AM

Another one bites the dust, what will save RO2 now..
Old 05-18-2012, 02:07 PM

... In Country and Rising Storm. Fingers crossed.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:14 AM

This had by far the most potential though. Vietnam has been done so many times on so many games across all platforms. It's just tedious. (I don't doubt the quality of their work, I just dislike the premise).
Old 05-20-2012, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapid View Post
This had by far the most potential though. Vietnam has been done so many times on so many games across all platforms. It's just tedious. (I don't doubt the quality of their work, I just dislike the premise).
can you give some examples?
Old 05-20-2012, 06:04 PM

I thought it would be a good idea to try and play every Vietnam War game to see what was done well and what wasn't. The majority of Vietnam games aren't very good. However Project Reality Vietnam sounds promising from what other people have said.

Only Vietcong is any good and that was over 9 years ago. Everything else has been average to terrible. Emphasis on the terrible

Eternity in the company of Beelzebub, and all his hellish instruments of death, will be a picnic compared to five minutes with me... and this pencil.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:00 AM

I really can't understand why Vietnam is such a popular theme.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapid View Post
I really can't understand why Vietnam is such a popular theme.
WWII is(was) the popular theme. Vietnam is just WWII in jungles. It's not like it extremely popular or something. There are as many vietnam shooters as there are modern/future shooters.