• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I'm sorry but what the **** is happening?!

ZuluEcho14

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 21, 2009
I'm sorry but something really ****ed up is happening, I'm not being able to connect to servers, the game just sits there trying to connect while showing images of the specimens. Worst of all I'm not being able to open my profile and when I'm playing solo all my perks are at level 0!

Someone please tell me there's a way to fix this!

I just had this happen to me as well. I think it may be a problem with steam, so give it a few min to an hour. But it would be nice if the game told you there may be a problem with steam rather than leave you sitting there thinking the game is broken.

(Mind you, the game could really be broken. Past experience just leads me to believe this is steams fault.)

Upvote 0
greatupdateguysr.jpg

Upvote 0
Not sure what's going on either but servers are not joinable and everytime I try to play solo steam stops functioning so I end up losing my perks because I'm not 'logged on'. Most likely that last one is a steam related problem. Everytime I click on profile and achievements it says 'unknown steam error occured' then it just crashes strangely by showing my character like 5 times as I try to leave. I'm also getting lots of 'cannot find [insert technical term here]' when I try to join servers.

Upvote 0
Such problems with Steam only started happening with my beloved Killing Floor. I wonder what exactly is happening that Steam keeps going offline repeatedly with KF (which is why your perks are zero etc).

The TF2 update will be the main culprit, all content servers will be syncing, which causes steamfriends issues. Best thing (unfortunately) is to just wait it out.

Upvote 0
yea happening to me too... can u guys try to host some lan games me n my friends have been trying but to no avail. The couple times we are able to join another players map, its the wrong map (and then I get a bug error)! How is that happening. I added some maps to my map rotation taking the cache files, renaming them based on the cached.ini and placing them into my maps folder..... but i took those out n still happening.

Upvote 0
I'm sorry but something really ****ed up is happening, I'm not being able to connect to servers, the game just sits there trying to connect while showing images of the specimens. Worst of all I'm not being able to open my profile and when I'm playing solo all my perks are at level 0!

Me too!?!?! The application of this new glitch fix seems to have borked mah game.

Upvote 0

I had the exact same prob, this is what fixed it for me:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=31033

Upvote 0