• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Playing on the same computer as my ded-server?

dot

May 16, 2009
So I figured since I can run KF really well + max settings on my computer without a hiccup, I went ahead and hosted a dedicated server off my computer.

The only issue I'm having is that I get FPS drops when there's a lot of load... which is a given. I'm just wondering if it's possible to drop my server's "quality" so to speak so it won't take too much to run side by side with my client.

My setup is a E8600 @ 4.5GHz and a GTX 285 + 4GB RAM @ 1.08GHz

Are my symptoms normal, even for a decent setup such as mine? Thanks in advance.

Since you have a dualcore and KF only uses singelcore you should be able to open taskmanager, rightclick the dediserver and KF .exe files and select which core each of them should run on. That way they run on their own seperate core and you should see no more overlap CPU load which should greatly smooth out your experiance.

The server does not use the GFX card nor does it use 4GB of ram so I belive the seperation of the 2 .exe files to their own core would solve the problem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Since you have a dualcore and KF only uses singelcore you should be able to open taskmanager, rightclick the dediserver and KF .exe files and select which core each of them should run on..

While it certainly won't hurt and is a good idea, the cores share the same bus, so it probably won't completely resolve the problem, in all likelyhood.

Still, it's worth doing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0