• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

AI orders & Practice mode

lightzout

Apr 30, 2009
First off I have to say that even though I have owned the game for a while now it has taken a long time to evolve into the amazing FPS it is today. I must confess I never liked RO despite it being one the first few games like Infiltration or WW2Online that had realistic use of weapons. I felt guilty because my friends played it and just seemed to find an excuse to bail. Its too dark, nade spam or TKing were my biggest complaints. I am so glad I came back because all that has changed completely and I have been misssing out......

Being the good cyber soldier I aspire to be I always spawn the basic kit and try following players who look like they know what they are doing. I have RTFM and know most my binds now. BUT the maps are so big and the vehicles are so unique its obvious I will have to log practice time as well as playing online before I can be a good driver, for example.

I actually like driving tanks alot and having a good squad working together in RO is an experience I look forward to someday. But I can't figure out how I can switch around to different positions in the vehicles in practice mode and its not obvious which commands I should use to get the bots to work with me in the tank.

Can I order a bot to take the driver spot and the gunner spot so I can command, then get out do a switcheroo so I can use the sights?

I downloaded some practice maps too. Hopefully I can learn how to be more accurate. I have had an enemy within 50 yards and come from behind, used iron sights only to spazz out and get killed. For now, I will not even bother with anything other than the bolt action rifles unless I have no choice. Even with the rifle its almost impossible over 100 yards so I am doing it wrong. I suppose its about the steadying.

TLDR version:

Best ways to commands bots in your own tank squad?
How do I practice different positions in the vehicles offline?
(checked manual: use switch weapon)
Improving aim and accuracy with sub-machine guns when standing or crouched? (I think I will learn this in practice by testing ballistics and effect of different stances etc.)

Thanks for the GGS

-LZ

About the bots, although they are more intelligent than the ones in other games, in some aspects they lack depth and thinking. Best of is to take a good tank (preferably IS-2) with only 2 spots and drive on to attack. Set up your position, park the tank, then start shooting.

Submachine guns, when they have so much recoil, I only crouch and ironsights (I never shoot from the hip). Keep the aim steady and correct the recoil using your mouse. Best off is to stay prone and fire. As for rifles, you need practice. They are hard to use and always avoid close combat because 90% of the times you will be dead. For long range, find a good spot, prone, and do a semi-sniper.

Hope this helps. :)

Upvote 0