• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sniper rifle

In the KF mod, the Xbow was expensive, hard to use, and was heavy for the amount of ammo you got. I would prefer a sniper to that, but since I rarely use the Winchester or Xbow and never after mid-game (because I only use a LAW for FPs) it usually didn't matter.
What a horrible argument. You'd prefer a sniper because the crossbow in the mod was simply balanced wrong?

I suppose you'd like the flame thrower removed and replaced with hello kitty dolls because it was bad in the mod?

Upvote 0
What a horrible argument. You'd prefer a sniper because the crossbow in the mod was simply balanced wrong?

I suppose you'd like the flame thrower removed and replaced with hello kitty dolls because it was bad in the mod?

Well if it is different in the retail version, that's great and I'll use it. In the end most of the differences are superficial if you keep balancing until it works. If the weapon changes into an entirely new type of weapon, then perhaps it should be a different weapon. A weapon with no ballisics object (and thus no need to account for gravity) or a weapon with higher ballistics speed with slightly cheaper and more ammo (the fixes to the problems that I outlined) would probably be a lot closer to a sniper than an Xbow. I really could not care less if it is a sniper, only that it is a viable weapon.

Upvote 0
Well if it is different in the retail version, that's great and I'll use it. In the end most of the differences are superficial if you keep balancing until it works. If the weapon changes into an entirely new type of weapon, then perhaps it should be a different weapon. A weapon with no ballisics object (and thus no need to account for gravity) or a weapon with higher ballistics speed with slightly cheaper and more ammo (the fixes to the problems that I outlined) would probably be a lot closer to a sniper than an Xbow. I really could not care less if it is a sniper, only that it is a viable weapon.

Yeah so you want a more balenced crossbow? Why did you ask for a sniper in the first place then? Plus a sniper is definately heavier than a crossbow.

Upvote 0
Yeah so you want a more balenced crossbow? Why did you ask for a sniper in the first place then? Plus a sniper is definately heavier than a crossbow.

me said:
In the KF mod, the Xbow was expensive, hard to use, and was heavy for the amount of ammo you got. I would prefer a sniper to that,
As you can see, I never asked for a sniper in the first place. I was looking for a balanced crossbow, but in the process found that it would indeed act more like a sniper. The crossbow in KF weighed in at 10 (lbs?) which is heavier than a Winchester or shotgun. And while a sniper is heavier, the ammo would take less space (more ammo) and hit more accurately, more easily (easier to use).

And as I stated before:
me said:
Well if it is different in the retail version, that's great and I'll use it. In the end most of the differences are superficial if you keep balancing until it works. [...] I really could not care less if it is a sniper, only that it is a viable weapon.

Upvote 0