• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

ZED Time...

Jhaxavier

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 9, 2006
Just want to put it out first - I was totally not expecting this new release from TWI. I was kinda disappointed first...I was expecting another RO-style shooter (perhaps Korean War) but I gotta say I'm really happy KF is going retail.

So onto my question - what does the ZED Time stand for, and how will it work ingame?

Last edited:
From the steam forums

Wilsonam
Roughly, ZEDtime kicks in dependent on cool shots - long-range headshot, messy zomb death etc. Algorithms in place to stop it happening too often.

And it actually helps - in much the same way as the old Max Payne "Bullet Time". While the zeds and everyone else is slowed down, the players learn how to use it. You can get a couple of well-aimed shots off quickly enough to really use them to headshot a couple more.

So not only do you all get to watch slow-mo gore, you also get to pick off a couple more in the second or so you have

Ramm-Jaeger
Its not really something you have, its more like an event. You don't get to choose when it happens, the game chooses when it thinks you've done something cool. Its random, and only happens occasionally and for a short time. Think of it as a reward for pulling off something cool. Everyone does slow down, but it is very short and doesn't really bother you.

Upvote 0
Just want to put it out first - I was totally not expecting this new release from TWI. I was kinda disappointed first...I was expecting another RO-style shooter (perhaps Korean War) but I gotta say I'm really happy KF is going retail.

So onto my question - what does the ZED Time stand for, and how will it work ingame?

The RO-style shooter will happen it just wasn't announced yet, leave your cave.

Upvote 0