• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weird problems in game. Erratic like behaviour

drewg

Aug 8, 2007
Hi,
I tried playing a game on the Australian RO 54 Player Game Arena server a while ago, and was confronted with problems like slow downloads and finally joining game I couldn't spawn at all. So after finding no solution to my specific problem I reinstalled RO via steam - complete new download etc...

Last night I tried playing again on the Danzig map with about 20 other people, I joined Russian side (noting that in the side selection, Axis and Allies have 0 players listed - though there is players in the server) and spawned, I fired to test if the game was working and I fired, I pressed the fire button again and the gun wouldn't cock etc so I could fire again, so I opened up console and suicided and I died, but didn't respawn, I pressed esc and exited the screen to go back in game to find myself in prone position with my elbow and forearm covering upper left side of screen, gun in hand and still uncocked and it's as if I was dead but could move my gun up and down... I opened steam overlay to find steam friends was in offline mode, yet I was not offline and my internet was working fine.

I tried spectating but was confronted with similar issues, specific being I couldn't spectate...

This is extremely weird as it only happens on this server provider (game arena). My first idea is - am I banned or is this just a specific error for me, as other people can play fine, I have the latest steam installs and updates etc. Not a participant of Beta clients either.

Thanks in advance.